Hipsters to the Rescue: How Do YOU Have a Frugal and Fun Fourth of July?
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Photo Credit: Simply Creative Insanity
Wow! I cannot believe that June is just about over and July 4th is right around the corner?! The summer is going to be gone before we know it! 🙁 Since July 4th is one of my personal favorite holidays, I thought that it might be fun to learn what all of you do to celebrate Independence Day.
Here are a few fun and frugal suggestions for July 4th Activities:
* Help your kiddos make stars out of red, white and blue construction paper and then ask them to write why they are proud to be an American.
* Head to your local town parade (or even better, host your own neighborhood July 4th Parade and have the kiddos decorate bikes and wagons)
* Buy a few fireworks (one “hip” tip is to wait until the evening of July 4th to purchase any fireworks as you can usually snag a sweet deal!) or plan an outing to watch the local fireworks in your town. Check out how to make Individual Sparkler Holders (which make great party favors) over at Simply Creative Insanity... super cute!
* Host a Block Party or a Potluck
* Make a Wave Your Flag Cheesecake or make Red and Blue Jello Jigglers cut into star shapes.
* Make simple Firecracker crafts with kids using toilet paper rolls and placing bubble wrap inside, making a great popping noise maker!
* Make a 4th of July Wall Hanging using patterned papers in red, white and blue to become a lovely star wall hanging for a homemade 4th of July decoration.
How about you? What traditions does your family have? How do you celebrate July 4th in your household?