Random Acts of Kindness Video & Photo Challenge (Let’s Inspire One Another)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
I have the most generous, kind, and loving readers. I am so incredibly lucky. During the 4 years that I’ve been blogging, I have witnessed countless times an outpouring of love and support for one another. It’s amazing the compassion I’ve seen. So that’s where this challenge comes in…
As you may have read, Anne Curry is challenging everyone to commit to doing acts of kindness in honor of the victims killed in Newtown, CT. Like many of you across the country, I am more than ready to take part in this challenge and I imagine that many of you are as well. I truly believe that paying it forward with random acts of kindness can have a powerful impact on your own life as well as the lives of others! What a wonderful way to remind one another that we live in a country filled with so much good.
So who wants to join me in this challenge?! I am hoping that quite a few of you are nodding yes. If this is indeed the case, I think it will be very inspiring to put together a video containing many different acts of kindness by all of you wonderful Hip2Savers.
If you are willing to participate, submit a video clip of you or someone you know in the act of paying it forward. You can use a regular video camera or even an iPhone or smartphone to submit your video clip (there is absolutely no need for this to be a professional video). The video can be as short or long as you want and you are welcome to submit more than one video. It’s all about showing how great the world is and just how much good surrounds us.
Once you have captured an act of kindness on video, please email the video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your first name and the city and state where your act of kindness took place. Note that if you send your video via email, there is a possibility that your video may appear on Hip2Save.com.
* If you do not have access to a video camera/device, you are welcome to email photographs as well (as long as they have been taken by you or someone you know).
Here are some ideas for ways to pay it forward…
* Be a coupon fairy and leave a coupon behind in a store
* Walk someone’s dog
* Babysit for free
* Clean someone’s house
* Give a lottery ticket to a stranger
* Treat a police officer to a cup of coffee
* Bring some goodies to the fire station
* Pay the highway toll for the person behind you
* Donate food, clothing, and money to the needy
* Smile at every person you meet today
* Raise money for a person who lost their home to natural disasters or fire
* Hold a garage sale and give the proceeds to an organization who helps others
I can’t wait to be inspired by the videos and pictures you send my way!