HIP’s Summer Challenge Week #4: FREE Movie Night at the Local Park
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
For Week #4 of HIP’S Summer Challenge, we headed to a local park here in Boise for a FREE screening of the movie, Hotel Transylvania. If your city offers free movies in the park during the summer as well, I highly encourage you to make plans to attend at least one. Not only is the activity a great one for the entire family, but it is 100% free – love that! 😀
As you can see from the pictures, we were joined by my nephews as well.
* Dress appropriately and bring a layers of clothes (don’t forget a sweatshirt)!
* Bring a comfy blanket to sit on, pillows and consider bringing extra blankets to wrap up in if it gets chilly.
* Get there early to get a good seat. Our park in Boise offers free games and crafts for kids, free face painting and live music so there is lots to keep the kids entertained.
* Bring lots of food and drinks. I don’t know about you but if my kiddos are hungry/thirsty, a fun activity can turn into a disaster. With that being said, I highly recommend you pack lots of yummy snacks like sliced fruit, popcorn (of course! :D), pretzels, cheese sticks etc. To make it extra fun, we took the kids to the store in advance and let them each pick out a Theater-Sized Candy to bring along.
* Don’t forget bug spray!
* Bring a flashlight or headlamp to help you get to your car safely after the movie ends.
Have you ever been to a FREE Movie Night at your local park before?! If so, share your experience with us!
HIP’s Summer Challenge
Every Monday throughout this summer, I will be publishing a Weekly Post centered around different activities that I have personally done with my 3 kiddos (ages 6, 8, and 11) for around $10 or less. You can check out previous Summer Challenge posts here:
HIP’s Summer Challenge Week #3: Picking Strawberries at Local Idaho Farm
HIP’s Summer Challenge Week #2: Making Monsters University Scarers
HIP’s Summer Challenge Week #1: Bowling for Free[/h2s_box]