Looking for a unique and stylish way to display all those great pictures from previous Halloween celebrations throughout the years? I have been reminiscing about when my kids were babies and all the fun I had dressing them up for Halloween. Celebrating special holidays with kids is for sure one of my favorite parts about parenthood.
Don’t hide these unforgettable moments in your computer’s photo files! Let’s print them out and make an easy and inexpensive chalkboard photo display for “Halloween Past”. I happened to have some scrap wood left over from other projects in my garage which was a perfect size for what I needed (measuring 27 inches long and 10 inches wide).
I’ll show you how I am using this, along with the DIY Halloween Canvas Art project found here, to decorate my mantel just in time for Halloween. I’m excited to use this year round too since the chalk erases and you could write anything and use it over again for each holiday.
For this craft, you will need:
* Piece of scrap wood or cut wood
* Chalkboard paint
* Paint brush or roller
* Bulldog metal clips from office supply store
* Strong craft glue (such as E6000)
- Paint your piece of wood with two coats of chalkboard paint and let dry overnight.
- Glue your metal clips onto the chalkboard according to how far apart you’d like your photos displayed.
- Clip your photos in and draw the words “Halloween Past” in chalk along with any Halloween doodles you’d like to draw. Be creative and make it your own.
- Attach a picture hanger on the back for hanging or prop it up like I did against my mantel…
Guest Post Created for Hip2Save by Lina Darnell!
[h2s_box]Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime![/h2s_box]
Have you checked out Lina’s other posts? Spooky Halloween Lunch Ideas for Kids AND DIY Halloween/Thanksgiving Canvas Art – love these! 😀