Make a Christmas Ornament Wreath (Holiday Craft)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Have you started decorating for the holidays yet? Fire up that hot glue gun and let’s make this easy and festive Christmas ornament wreath. How beautiful would this look hanging on your front door or above the mantel? Check the dollar stores for good deals on these shatterproof ornaments because you’ll need lots, along with a lot of hot glue sticks. I used about 20 mini ones. Wrap the plastic foam wreath form with ribbon or scrap fabric first because it helps the hot glue stick to the wreath. I like the idea of using different sized ornaments so you can fill in the empty spaces with small ones.
For this craft you’ll need:
- 90-100 shatterproof ornaments of varying sizes.
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks (lots of glue)
- 16 inch wreath form
- Ribbon or scrap fabric
- Wrap ribbon or scrap white fabric around the plastic foam wreath and secure with hot glue or straight pins.
- Take off the metal hangers of the ornaments.
- Glue the larger ornaments first, varying the colors.
- Fill in gaps with the smaller sized ornaments.
- Hang with a metal wreath hanger or loop a small piece of ribbon and secure it to the back.
These blue, silver, and gold tones are in my holiday décor and I love that you can customize it for your home.
This would be a fun project to get together with friends and have a craft night because it’s so cute and easy!
Here’s how I display this pretty ornament wreath in my home next to the Christmas Tree.