DIY Toddler Felt Christmas Tree
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re looking for a fun holiday activity for little ones, check out this easy to make Felt Christmas Tree. This activity keeps curious little ones entertained and busy allowing them to decorate and re-decorate their own tree! It requires just a few supplies and can easily be completed while your little one naps!
DIY Felt Toddler Christmas Tree
Inspired by SheKnows.com
- large piece of green felt (mine measures 40 inches high x 35 inches wide)
- removable double sided mounting tape (like this Duck brand or these Scotch Removable Mounting Squares)
- piece of chalk
- small pieces of colored felt for ornaments
- cookie cutters to trace shapes (optional)
- puffy paint (optional)
- Fold the piece of green felt in half.
- Use a piece of chalk to draw a Christmas tree shape.
- Using your sharpest scissors, cut out the tree. Secure to the wall using double sided mounting tape.
- Cut shapes from various colors of felt for ornaments.
- You can get as creative as you want or keep things super simple –> make your own cardboard template for ornaments or use cookie cutters.
- I used some non toxic puffy paint to embellish further, but that is totally optional.
- Then let the kiddos have fun decorating their tree. Since felt sticks to felt, all they have to do is place the ornaments on the tree!