Reader Tip: Share Amazon Prime Benefits Among TWO Adults
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
As I mentioned a few days ago, Amazon has raised the minimum FREE shipping threshold for NON-Prime members from $35 to $49 🙁 … which means it’s a perfect time to sign up for Amazon Prime (if you haven’t yet) since Amazon Prime members receive FREE 2-day shipping with NO minimum purchase! As you can see from the photo above, I definitely take advantage of my Amazon Prime membership! 😉
Also, check out this reader tip:
Amazon Household lets you add an extra Adult to your own Prime account (details here)! My sister will be adding me to her Prime account next month, when my own Prime expires. She signed up last month for just $79. So that’s two adults using all of Prime’s benefits, movies, etc. for the price of one.
Here’s what Amazon states about Amazon Household:
Setting up a Household allows Prime members to share select benefits of Prime with another adult. If adding an adult, both adults must be present to create a Household. Both adults must agree to share wallets (i.e. credit/debit cards) in order to share the Prime benefits listed below.
1. Unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size) – my favorite benefit! 😀 And if you are not in a rush for your item(s), you can opt for no-rush shipping and score a free $1 credit to use for eBooks, digital music, or videos.
2. Amazon Family – If you’re a Prime member with young children, sign up for Amazon Family to snag special offers including 20% off diapers subscriptions and freebies like free Gerber formula (no longer available).
3. Unlimited instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV shows AND unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs
4. Access to exclusive savings (like this previously available deal on a rice cooker) AND exclusive offers (like these free magazine subscription offers previously available)
5. Unlimited Photo Storage w/ Amazon Cloud Drive
6. 30-minute early access to select Amazon Lightning Deals
7. Free Kindle Book(s) every month
Not ready to commit to an annual membership yet? Sign up here for a FREE 30-day Amazon Prime membership. Looking for a gift idea for the person who has everything? Give the gift of an Amazon Prime membership.
Are you a college student? Sign up NOW to get a FREE 6-Month Amazon Prime membership!