Lina’s Kiddos Love this Robotic Racing Game…
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Lina, our Recipe/DIY gal, emailed me the other day about this cool Robotic Racing Game! She owns the older version, but there’s also a newer version here. She mentioned that her son and his friends LOVE this racing toy! They control the cars with an Apple or Android device, and the starter track easily rolls up when they’re done playing.
With that said, Lina thought this may be worth posting about for those of you who are looking for a nice Christmas gift idea! Keep in mind that the current price of this item is $99.99, so this isn’t a deal as of yet… HOWEVER, you can add this to your Amazon Wish List to see if it drops in price in the next few months.
I personally love getting product recommendations from other moms, so I thought this would be a fun one to share!
Here’s more info on this product…
(Thanks to our, Lina, for the following tips and feedback!)
Anki DRIVE Starter Kit Includes:
2 robot cars (Boson and Kourai)
1 race track (Starter Kit)
2 charging cases + 3-port power cord
1 tire cleaner
Reasons Why I Like Anki DRIVE:
- It’s a game that the kiddos thoroughly enjoy and keeps them busy without a ton of help from me.
- It easily rolls up and can be put away.
- Its a game the whole family can play and have fun with!
- The cars stay put on the mat when racing.
Things to know:
- Works with an Apple or Android device
- Cars need to be charged. Our cars get about FIVE 30 lap races, then need a 12-15 min charge.
- The mat itself is pretty big, so you’ll need to find a large area to roll it out (3.5ftx8.5ft).
- There is a newer Anki OverDrive available that is a higher price point. We purchased the older version.
Here’s what Lina’s 10 year-old son had to say:
“Anki car is fun and exciting to race because you never know what your opponent will do next. You can play with your friends or play the computer. I like that you can battle, race, or just practice on your own. My favorite times are when my friends bring over their own cars so we can have races.” -Gabe (age 10)