Top-Rated Artificial Christmas Trees
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Artificial trees have come a long way in recent years – they’re bigger, fuller, pre-lit, easy to set up, and more realistic than ever. Okay, so they don’t smell the same, but I’m a HUGE fan of these Scentsicles! They’re also a great budget-friendly option, considering they’re reusable for many years, and are available in a wide range of prices. They’re a great option for allergy sufferers, too!
This year I’m looking to upgrade my tree, so I’ve been on the hunt for the BEST bang for my buck, since I’ll be using it for several years to come. Here’s what I found…
Best Overall Value
This highly rated 9′ Artificial Pre-Lit LED Color-Changing Virginia Pine Christmas Tree from Sam’s Club boasts:
- 800 LED, 8-function, color-changing lights
- 2,328 Simple Shape™ tips with memory wire allow the branches to spring into shape
- Quick Set® technology uses a single plug to light the entire tree
- Remote control, convenient tree storage bag and folding metal stand
- 95% energy savings over 25,000 hours from long-life LED lamps
They also have a 7′ version available if you’re looking for something shorter and more narrow.
Best Budget-Friendly Buy
This 6′ Premium Hinged Artificial Christmas Pine Tree is an Amazon Top Seller with very high ratings. While this tree is not pre-lit, it comes in at under $45, making it a very budget-friendly pick!
Best Luxury Buy
Balsam Hill Trees are known for their very full, super realistic appearance. Covered by a 10-Year Tree and Foliage Limited Warranty and 3-Year Limited Light Warranty, these luxurious trees are very high quality.
Best Light Show
This 7′ Fiber Optic Tree has 8 different light sequences featuring four different colors, and costs around $100. Score!
Top Space Savers
- This Half Tree Christmas Tree wins points for creativity, right?? If you’re short on space, but want a nice, full tree, this one sits flush against the wall. It has great reviews and comes in under $80.
- How clever is the Upside Down Tree?? PLENTY of room for presents under that one! 😉
- Or you can opt for a classic pencil. This 7.5-ft. Pre-Lit Kingswood Fir Pencil is only 30″ in diameter, and very highly rated.
Best Easy Peasy Pick
This zero-effort Charlie Brown Christmas Tree sets up in no time and is easy on the wallet at around $6! Bonus: There’s only one little ornament for your toddler to knock to the ground five thousand times! 😃
Keep in mind…
You can typically find smoking deals on Christmas trees on Black Friday or after Christmas, but there are plenty of deals to be found even before Thanksgiving if you watch your local ads. In my experience, they typically offer a deep discount just once per season, and many of the trees are gone by Christmas Day, so if you find your must-have tree, you might want to buy it!
One of the benefits of buying an un-lit tree is that it may last longer, considering it’s usually the lights that go out, and you can easily change out detached lights. Find more buying tips here.
Written by Danielle for Hip2Save. Danielle is a proud mom to 5 amazing kids in Utah, who lives for coffee and baking. She’s dedicated to balancing her own interests and passions, while encouraging her children to follow their own paths in life.