Looking for a creative way to brighten someone’s day?
Create these bouquets of mini cupcakes in under 15 minutes using a large rimmed coffee cup and a few easy craft supplies! I just used store bought mini cupcakes, but you could also definitely bake and decorate your own if desired.
DIY Mini Cupcake Flower Bouquets
Supplies Needed for One Bouquet:
- Large Coffee Cup – I used these
- 4 inch Styrofoam Ball (Large enough to fit snug inside cup)
- Strong Toothpicks
- Green Tissue Paper
- 7 Mini Cupcakes (make your own or by store-bought)
- Pick a coffee cup large enough for a 4 inch Styrofoam ball or half ball to fit snug and inside and won’t move around.
- Place Styrofoam ball on top of a couple squares of green tissue paper and press down into cup.
- Press a toothpick down into the Styrofoam ball on one side, but make sure it still points upward somewhat so the cupcake won’t slide off.
- Press a cupcake on top of the toothpick.
- Continue process around the side and in the middle.
- Add additional pieces of tissue paper around the sides, if desired.
Notes: I happened to buy all these supplies in-store at Walmart, including the cupcakes, and made sure the Styrofoam half ball I bought fit super tight in the cup when I was picking one to use. I think this same idea could work inside a decorative bowl, or small flower pot too! We had no issues transporting them and the cupcakes did not fall off in the car. Yay!
How cute would these be as a thoughtful gift for Teacher Appreciation, a Birthday, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or as creative centerpieces at showers or parties? I LOVE how ADORABLE these cupcake flower bouquets turned out and also how quick they were to compile!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.