My Oven Broke, and this Kitchen Appliance Saved the Day…
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Have you ever tried to make dinner and then realized the oven was broken?
It happened to me this week, but luckily my countertop NuWave Oven saved the day! It works as a handy back up oven and I’ve been using it a lot this week which is reminding me why I LOVE it.
The NuWave cooks food about 50% faster and uses about 75% less energy than the actual oven.
For instance, these roasted sweet potatoes cooked for just 10 minutes using the NuWave! Look how brown and perfect they are! And literally you just set the cook time for 10 minutes and leave it. There’s no preheating time.
These chicken tenders were crispy and done in just 15 minutes. I really love the texture the NuWave produces because the air is circulated underneath and not just on top. The meat stays juicy inside while the outside is crispy.
The Nuwave is also a versatile appliance because you can use other oven safe dishes inside it. I cooked an enchilada casserole using the Nuwave this week and it turned out great!
Pros of NuWave Oven:
- Cooks food faster and uses much less energy than a conventional oven.
- Won’t heat up the kitchen during hot Summer months.
- The texture of the food turns out yummy!
- Can be used as an extra oven at Thanksgiving and gatherings.
- Easy to use with no preheating time.
- The dome lifts off easily to pause and check on your food during cooking.
- Easy to clean. The rack and bottom pan come out easily to be washed.
Cons of Nuwave:
- Although it’s lightweight, it is slightly bulky to store – so you really must have space for it.
- The cooking space is smaller than the oven.
My mom is actually the person who got me hooked on the Nuwave. She owns two and has used it to cook in the RV! Her favorite part is that it’s able to cook meat quickly from frozen. You can put in some frozen chicken and veggies, and have a healthy roasted dinner in under 20 minutes!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.