Make Trendy Cotton Stem Branches for Pennies
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Like the idea of using pretty cotton stems as home décor?
It’s actually very easy to make your own copycat branches using ordinary cotton balls from the dollar store and pine cones! Display a bundle of these DIY stems in your home for a fresh-looking touch of farmhouse style décor that looks super realistic.
One branch of real cotton stems in the floral department can cost around $10, so if you already have these items on hand (like I do), this could be a free or inexpensive craft to make for your home!
DIY Cotton Stem Branches
- Cotton Balls
- Pine Cones
- Hot Glue Gun & Hot Glue
- Small Dried Tree Branches
- Wire Cutters or Sharp Scissors
1. Go on a little nature walk and collect small branches outside. You may need to trim down large pieces until you have the desired height to work with.
2. Cut pieces off of a pine cone to glue as the cotton’s “stem”. Loosen a cotton ball a little.
3. Glue cotton to a branch. I put glue on the branch, and then I pressed the ball around it.
4. Glue pieces of pine cone around the base of the cotton ball for the “stem.”
5. Repeat the process until the entire branch is covered in the desired amount of cotton stems.
I placed a couple of branches together in a vase and it looks super cute in my bathroom.
The best part is, I had all the supplies already on hand! I think this could also be a fun homemade gift idea, or perhaps an inexpensive way to make an entire wreath out of cotton stems. No matter how you use these, it’s such a fun and easy way to dress up your home for so much less!
Planning a wedding? Check out these Dollar Tree Wedding Hacks!