Have you heard of #2 toilet spray, aka Poo Pourri?!
Poo Pourri is a very popular scented toilet spray, marketed as a Before-You-Go spray, consisting of natural essential oils that traps odor at the surface of the water. It masks odors before they begin! You can go here and read about this popular brand and how it works.
Here’s how to easily make a similar DIY version at home using your favorite combination of essential oils!
You know at Hip2Save we love DIY and saving money. So, if you can’t find Poo Pourri or don’t want to shell out the money, then rest easy. You can make some for yourself or to give out as unique gifts! I’ve even designed some free printable labels to use if you’d like.
DIY #2 Spray
These Poo Pourri clones are not your typical DIY project or run-of-the-mill gift. You just might become a #1 friend when you give this #2 spray as a gift. You will not believe how easy this gift is to make. Let’s get started.
- 4 oz. Spray Bottles
- Distilled Water
- 1 Tablespoon Rubbing Alcohol
- 25 Drops Essential Oil (I used a combo of Lemon + Peppermint + Eucalyptus Essential Oils)
- In a single spray bottle add essential oils with rubbing alcohol.
- Fill remainder of bottle with distilled water, leaving room at the top to shake contents.
- Screw on top of spray bottle and shake well.
- If desired, feel free to print out these fun labels on sticker paper and attach to bottles.
TO USE: Shake well and spray about 4-5 times on top of toilet water BEFORE going.
Does it actually work?
Well, I think YES! And trust me, I was skeptical. I’ve only tried this DIY version, and it works great! It’s an easy and fun project to make with your essential oils, too.
This would make such a funny and useful Father’s Day gift! Just add a gift tag and you’ll be set!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.