Jessica’s Favorite Hard-Water Fighter (Make Your Dishwasher Happy!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Note from Collin:
Do you have a product you love? We definitely have many favorite products here on the Hip2Save Team, and thought it would be FUN to share some of them with you! I personally love product recommendations and I’ve also had a few requests from readers, so I have asked each member of the team to think of products they love (cosmetics, kitchen gadgets etc.) and to write up a post that will be shared here every Tuesday.
Hey everyone! It’s Jessica here, one of Collin’s sidekicks!
For about a month after moving into our home, I gave the new dishwasher a really hard time. I figured that since it was brand-spanking new it should work great! But much to my dismay, it left a white powdery residue on nearly everything – especially the glass dishes.
I tried different detergents, stocked up on rinse aid, and made sure to run the dishwasher through self-cleaning cycles, but nothing worked! It wasn’t until we had a solicitor selling water softener units show up at our door that I realized what the problem was: hard water.
With a new water softener unit not in our budget yet, I set out to come up with another solution for the filmy dishes – and that’s where Lemi Shine came into play! After doing a bit of research, I snagged this Lemi Shine Dish Detergent Booster to give it a try, and oh my goodness, it totally worked!
Lemi Shine is an all-natural product derived from citrus that you use along with your regular dishwasher detergent. It’s great because it cleans out your machine in addition to preventing the cloudiness – making sure that the hard water doesn’t build up and keep your dishwasher from working properly.
Now ALL of my dishes are sparkly! You can actually see through the glasses. And yes, that bowl on the left is really how my glass dishes look thanks to our hard water. The shiny bowl on the right is thanks to magic (aka LemiShine).
If you have hard water, or just want to give your dishwasher a boost, you may want to give this stuff a try!
Online shoppers can snag a 3-pack or just one bottle of the detergent boosters on Amazon. OR, if you’d prefer to shop in-store, you can snag some at your local Target or Walmart, likely for even cheaper!
YAY for coupons! (And photobombing dogs!)
Speaking of shopping in-store, be sure to head here to print these LemiShine coupons, including one that will give you a dish soap FREE when you buy a 24oz booster!
Lemi Shine has a range of products – disposal cleaners, appliance cleaners (works wonders for my washing machine), dish detergent, and more! I can only speak to my experience with the booster and the appliance cleaner, and I highly recommend both.
Did you see our other Try THIS Tuesday posts?
- Lina Likes to Grill Ribs Using Smoker Bags – Simple, Flavorful & NO Dishes to Clean
- Erica Can’t Live Without THESE Ceramic Salt & Pepper Grinders
- Angie’s Favorite Socks
- Kimberly’s Favorite Non-Clumping Mascara
- Mary’s Favorite At-Home Gel Manicure Kit
- Michelle’s Favorite & Inexpensive Curly Hair Care Products
- Kimberly’s Favorite Cosmetics (AND Some Tips!)
- Angela’s Favorite Hair Brush
- Lina Likes to Keep an Eye on Her Nest
- Mary’s Favorite Kitchen Gadget
- Angie’s Favorite Grooming Tools
- Erica’s Favorite Bathroom Gadgets for Toddlers
- Hannah’s Favorite Natural Sunscreen
- Bryn Can’t Live Without Her Scrub Daddy
- Collin Can’t Live Without THIS Peanut Butter on Her Spoon
- Jessica Can’t Take Her Dogs on a Walk Without THIS Leash Coupler
- Lightbox Messages For Your Home Or Office ~ SO FUN!