Angela’s Best Friend In A Bottle (Say Goodbye To Carpet Stains)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
I’ve been using Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover for years and love it!
Do you have a product you love? We definitely have many favorite products here on the Hip2Save Team, and thought it would be FUN to share some of them with you! I personally love product recommendations and I’ve also had a few requests from readers, so I have asked each member of the team to think of products they love (cosmetics, kitchen gadgets etc.) and to write up a post to share with you.
Hey y’all! It’s Angela, one of Collin’s Sidekicks!
My teenage daughter is a crafter, painter, DIYer, and with that comes lots of MESSES! Not to mention her love of makeup, nail polish, and glitter, which often spells disaster for her bedroom carpet.
About ten years ago, a friend introduced me to Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover and I haven’t looked back. If you have pets, little kids, big kids, a messy spouse, and as a result have stubborn carpet stains, then this spot remover will be your new BFF!
Now, let me preface this glowing review to say I completely understand there are probably more natural alternatives out there, however, this is what works best for me. Folex is non-toxic, non-irritating to normal skin, non-flammable, contains no solvents of any kind, it is odor-free, and is CFC and Petroleum free. It’s also non-magnetic, so the stain won’t reappear after you’ve removed it.
All you have to do is spray the spot a couple of times with Folex, then use your fingers (or wear gloves if you want), and rub the liquid into your stain. Then take a rag or an old towel – just be sure to choose something that won’t bleed color, and rub the stain several times. I kid you not, it disappears like magic!
Please note, with any carpet cleaners it’s always wise to test a small hidden area of your carpet to be sure that it does not discolor it in any way.
As you can see from the photos above, I was able to quickly get out the blue paint stains from our carpet in no time at all (the darker area is just the shadow from a bed, not a stain 😉).
I typically buy a 32oz spray bottle of Folex from Lowe’s for around $5.98, and trust me, a little goes a long way!
It’s such a lifesaver with pet accidents too – like when your cat is on the tile, then is about to get sick and runs to the carpet to puke, gee thanks cat! 🐱
Did you see our other Try THIS Tuesday posts?
- Need Fitness Motivation? Check Out Why Mary Wears Her Apple Watch
- Check Out How Michelle Reached Adulthood
- Angela’s Favorite Phone Accessory
- Inside This Pretty Purple Bag Is Michelle’s Favorite Treat
- Jessica’s Favorite Hard Water Cleaner
- Lina Likes to Grill Ribs Using Smoker Bags – Simple, Flavorful & NO Dishes to Clean
- Erica Can’t Live Without THESE Ceramic Salt & Pepper Grinders
- Angie’s Favorite Socks
- Kimberly’s Favorite Non-Clumping Mascara
- Mary’s Favorite At-Home Gel Manicure Kit
- Michelle’s Favorite & Inexpensive Curly Hair Care Products
- Kimberly’s Favorite Cosmetics (AND Some Tips!)
- Angela’s Favorite Hair Brush
- Lina Likes to Keep an Eye on Her Nest
- Mary’s Favorite Kitchen Gadget
- Angie’s Favorite Grooming Tools
- Erica’s Favorite Bathroom Gadgets for Toddlers
- Hannah’s Favorite Natural Sunscreen
- Bryn Can’t Live Without Her Scrub Daddy
- Collin Can’t Live Without THIS Peanut Butter on Her Spoon
- Jessica Can’t Take Her Dogs on a Walk Without THIS Leash Coupler
- Lightbox Messages For Your Home Or Office ~ SO FUN!
- Angie’s Favorite Clothing Stain Fighter