Angela’s Best Friend In A Bottle (Say Goodbye To Carpet Stains)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
I’ve been using Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover for years and love it!
Do you have a product you love? We definitely have many favorite products here on the Hip2Save Team, and thought it would be FUN to share some of them with you! I personally love product recommendations and I’ve also had a few requests from readers, so I have asked each member of the team to think of products they love (cosmetics, kitchen gadgets etc.) and to write up a post to share with you.
Hey y’all! It’s Angela, one of Collin’s Sidekicks!
My teenage daughter is a crafter, painter, DIYer, and with that comes lots of MESSES! Not to mention her love of makeup, nail polish, and glitter, which often spells disaster for her bedroom carpet.
About ten years ago, a friend introduced me to Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover and I haven’t looked back. If you have pets, little kids, big kids, a messy spouse, and as a result have stubborn carpet stains, then this spot remover will be your new BFF!
Now, let me preface this glowing review to say I completely understand there are probably more natural alternatives out there, however, this is what works best for me. Folex is non-toxic, non-irritating to normal skin, non-flammable, contains no solvents of any kind, it is odor-free, and is CFC and Petroleum free. It’s also non-magnetic, so the stain won’t reappear after you’ve removed it.
All you have to do is spray the spot a couple of times with Folex, then use your fingers (or wear gloves if you want), and rub the liquid into your stain. Then take a rag or an old towel – just be sure to choose something that won’t bleed color, and rub the stain several times. I kid you not, it disappears like magic!
Please note, with any carpet cleaners it’s always wise to test a small hidden area of your carpet to be sure that it does not discolor it in any way.
As you can see from the photos above, I was able to quickly get out the blue paint stains from our carpet in no time at all (the darker area is just the shadow from a bed, not a stain 😉).
I typically buy a 32oz spray bottle of Folex from Lowe’s for around $5.98, and trust me, a little goes a long way!
It’s such a lifesaver with pet accidents too – like when your cat is on the tile, then is about to get sick and runs to the carpet to puke, gee thanks cat! 🐱
Did you see our other Try THIS Tuesday posts?
- Need Fitness Motivation? Check Out Why Mary Wears Her Apple Watch
- Check Out How Michelle Reached Adulthood
- Angela’s Favorite Phone Accessory
- Inside This Pretty Purple Bag Is Michelle’s Favorite Treat
- Jessica’s Favorite Hard Water Cleaner
- Lina Likes to Grill Ribs Using Smoker Bags – Simple, Flavorful & NO Dishes to Clean
- Erica Can’t Live Without THESE Ceramic Salt & Pepper Grinders
- Angie’s Favorite Socks
- Kimberly’s Favorite Non-Clumping Mascara
- Mary’s Favorite At-Home Gel Manicure Kit
- Michelle’s Favorite & Inexpensive Curly Hair Care Products
- Kimberly’s Favorite Cosmetics (AND Some Tips!)
- Angela’s Favorite Hair Brush
- Lina Likes to Keep an Eye on Her Nest
- Mary’s Favorite Kitchen Gadget
- Angie’s Favorite Grooming Tools
- Erica’s Favorite Bathroom Gadgets for Toddlers
- Hannah’s Favorite Natural Sunscreen
- Bryn Can’t Live Without Her Scrub Daddy
- Collin Can’t Live Without THIS Peanut Butter on Her Spoon
- Jessica Can’t Take Her Dogs on a Walk Without THIS Leash Coupler
- Lightbox Messages For Your Home Or Office ~ SO FUN!
- Angie’s Favorite Clothing Stain Fighter