Ways to Promote National Breast Cancer Awareness
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! 🎀
Did you know that breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer in women AND about 1 in 8 women born in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their lifetime!? Wow.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a great chance to raise awareness about the importance of early detection and getting regular mammograms after the age of 40-45.
Guidelines for Early Detection of Cancer:
The American Cancer Society recommends these cancer screening guidelines for most adults. Screening tests are used to find cancer before a person has any symptoms.
- Women ages 40 to 44 should have the choice to start annual breast cancer screening with mammograms (x-rays of the breast) if they wish to do so
- Women age 45 to 54 should get mammograms every year
- Women 55 and older should switch to mammograms every 2 years, or can continue yearly screening
A Few Ways to Support Breast Cancer Research:
1.) Shop Vera Bradley
Vera Bradley is fighting for a future free from breast cancer! To date, the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer has raised over $28.1 million in contributions to support critical advancements in breast cancer research. If you’re a Vera Bradley fan, here are 3 ways you can show your support:
- Round-Up (In-Store): Did you know that every purchase made in-store is eligible to be “rounded-up” to the next dollar with that difference going toward the Vera Bradley Foundation? Also, for online orders, you can add on donations starting at $1.
- Make a Donation: If you’re wanting to make a direct donation to the Vera Bradley Foundation, you can visit here – donations can be made on a one-time or recurring basis. Plus, 86¢ of every dollar donated goes to breast cancer research so your donation is going directly to the cause.
- Wear Pink: Show your support by wearing the 2017 Vera Bradley Foundation pattern, Modern Medley. If you’re looking for a gift for someone affected by breast cancer or want to show the power of hope yourself, the new Key to Hope Necklace is a great way to show your support.
2.) Buy Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray
Whenever you buy this limited-edition pink ribbon BB. Thickening spray priced at $29, Bumble and Bumble will donate 20% to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. This pre-styler spray creates lasting lift, volume, and body. By the way, I LOVE Bumble and Bumble products… they ROCK!
3.) Snag This Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer
$10 dollars from each purchase of this limited edition Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer is donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, dedicated to finding a cure. This dermatologist-developed formula is 100% fragrance-free, allergy tested, and non-acnegenic. Available for purchase at Sephora, ULTA Beauty and other retailers for under $40.
On a personal note: This post is dedicated to the brave warrior women in my life who are currently fighting or have fought this battle! Also, to all our Hip2Save readers who are or have been affected by breast cancer, we sure are thinking of you.💗