The BEST DIY Christmas Gift ~ Introducing the LOL Surprise Ball for Adults
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Have you seen the VERY popular LOL Surprise Ball?
They are basically really large plastic balls that have small collectible toys/dolls inside them, and they were priced around $70 during the 2017 Christmas season! Yes, for real — $70 ! 😮. In fact, when Collin did a Facebook live video with her daughter where they opened up the LOL Surprise Ball to reveal what you’re really getting for all that cash. Let’s just say she was pretty shocked at the price tag for what you truly get when you take away ALL. THE. PACKAGING.
As a funny/silly gift idea, I recently made a friend of mine a grown-up homemade adult version of the LOL Suprise Ball! 🤗 Haha! It’s filled with random treats like makeup, accessories, essential oils, a bath bomb, lotion, and other items to make my friend feel special. I couldn’t think of what to use for a perfectly round ball, so I bought a huge Easter egg from Amazon.com, and it worked out perfectly! I then used my Cricut machine to make some stickers, and it turned out to be a FUN way and CREATIVE way to gift a surprise!
DIY LOL Surprise Ball
When it comes to making this gift for family and friends, the beauty is how you can personalize them for the lucky recipients. The only requirement for this DIY LOL Suprise Ball is your creativity.
- Jumbo 10 inch Easter Egg w/ Handle
- Small Gifts (I filled mine with makeup, essential oils, accessories, nail polish, a candle, etc.)
- Adhesive Vinyl for Label (or just use stickers if you don’t have a vinyl cutter)
- Vinyl Cutter (such as a Cricut cutting machine)
- Collect little goodies such as nail polish, lip gloss, essential oils, jewelry, etc.
- Cut and apply stickers to egg. (You could alternatively print lettering on paper and tape to surface.)
- Individually wrap each item with paper like a real LOL Surprise, or use gift basket grass like I did.
- Secure egg together and surprise someone!
I’d like to point out that these eggs can hold a lot of weight and are pretty sturdy!
I think this is a fun gift idea and can have so many different themes and possibilities. If you wanted to stick toys in there for a child, it’d be cute, too. And, of course, this would be a perfect surprise Easter gift during spring!
What would you put in your LOL Surprise Ball?
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.