My Keto Way of Eating Just Got Sweeter
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Note from Collin:
Do you have a product you love? We definitely have many favorite products and thought it would be FUN to share some of them with you! I personally love product recommendations and I’ve also had a few requests from readers, so I have asked each member of the team to think of products they love (cosmetics, kitchen gadgets etc.) and to write up a post that will be shared here every Tuesday.
Hi all! It’s Michelle here, one of Collin’s sidekicks!
I have been following a Ketogenic diet for the past year, and am loving how I feel eating this way. I know it’s not for everyone, but for me it has been life-changing.
The only thing that I couldn’t get used to was the aftertaste of so many sugar replacements like Splenda and Swerve. I thought I had tried them all until about a month ago when I discovered the plant sourced sweetener Xylitol (Xylo Sweet). I made some ice cream with my Whynter ice cream maker (this was featured in one of our gift guides this year and was a gift to myself when I lost my first 50 lbs.) and really wanted to find a sugar substitute that I enjoyed. I will NEVER use anything else. THIS IS LIFE CHANGING!
WARNING: Xylitol can be poisonous to dogs. I would keep it away from all pets to be safe.
A few things I love about Xylitol is the texture feels like real sugar and has little crystal-like granules, it’s not a powder like other sugar replacements. I also love that there is no aftertaste and that it can be used in most recipes that call for sugar in equal portions. I have found that I use a little less Xylitol than the amount of sugar it calls for because I feel like it’s a little sweeter than regular sugar.
One thing to note is that I have heard some people say they get an upset stomach when they use Xylitol, however I have never experienced this, but I also don’t consume very much of it on a daily basis.
For those of you who are not familiar with this way of eating, a ketogenic diet is a low-carb way of eating that focuses on high-fat and moderate amounts of protein. A few books that helped me on my journey are Keto Clarity and The Obesity Code. Do what works for YOU! ❤️
Down 58 lbs and about 50 more to go! I got this! 👊
Did you see our other Try THIS Tuesday posts?
- Awesome Christmas Gift Idea for Toddler! This 5-Star Rated Game Makes Learning FUN…
- Angela’s Best Friend In A Bottle (Say Goodbye To Carpet Stains)
- Need Fitness Motivation? Check Out Why Mary Wears Her Apple Watch
- Check Out How Michelle Reached Adulthood
- Angela’s Favorite Phone Accessory
- Inside This Pretty Purple Bag Is Michelle’s Favorite Treat
- Jessica’s Favorite Hard Water Cleaner
- Lina Likes to Grill Ribs Using Smoker Bags – Simple, Flavorful & NO Dishes to Clean
- Erica Can’t Live Without THESE Ceramic Salt & Pepper Grinders
- Angie’s Favorite Socks
- Kimberly’s Favorite Non-Clumping Mascara
- Mary’s Favorite At-Home Gel Manicure Kit
- Michelle’s Favorite & Inexpensive Curly Hair Care Products
- Kimberly’s Favorite Cosmetics (AND Some Tips!)
- Angela’s Favorite Hair Brush
- Lina Likes to Keep an Eye on Her Nest
- Mary’s Favorite Kitchen Gadget
- Angie’s Favorite Grooming Tools
- Erica’s Favorite Bathroom Gadgets for Toddlers
- Hannah’s Favorite Natural Sunscreen
- Bryn Can’t Live Without Her Scrub Daddy
- Collin Can’t Live Without THIS Peanut Butter on Her Spoon
- Jessica Can’t Take Her Dogs on a Walk Without THIS Leash Coupler
- Lightbox Messages For Your Home Or Office ~ SO FUN!
- Angie’s Favorite Clothing Stain Fighter
- Entertain the Family & Get a Good Laugh with Telestrations
- My Favorite Product to Keep Brown Sugar Soft & Fresh
- LOVE Brownies? You’ve Got To Try This Pan…
- Bryn’s Life is Sweeter with These Coconut Dark Chocolate Almonds
- Oh Cricut, Thanks for Making Awesome Personalized Teacher Gifts, Signs & More
- Got Dry & Chapped Lips?! Check Out Bryn’s Favorite Lip Balm…