Top FIVE Items to Buy in February
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Can you believe it’s already February?
February is here and with this new month comes Valentine’s Day, furniture savings, HOT clearance buys on winter gear and more! Here are five things that are great to purchase during the month of February. Note that these items are selected based on sale cycles, holidays and national promotions (Valentine’s Day, National Canned Food Month, etc), and what’s currently trending that you won’t want to miss out on!
1.) Canned Food Items
February is National Canned Food Month, so it’s a great time to stock up on various canned foods, especially since these foods tend to have longer expiration dates. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for printable coupons and store sales as this will be a great month to stock your pantry on the cheap.
Printable Coupons Available:
- $0.50/1 Contadina Whole, Diced or Crushed Tomatoes 28oz Can (Walmart deal idea here)
- $1/4 Campbell’s Chunky Soups
- $0.60/4 Campbell’s Condensed Soups
- $0.75/3 Butter Kernel Vegetables
- $1/4 S&W Canned Beans
- $1/1 Boulder Organic Soup Product
- $0.65/2 Dole Canned Juices
2.) Valentine’s Day Items
Valentine’s Day falls in February, which means that manufacturer’s release candy coupons and retailers offer up some great Valentine’s Day related promos! You’ll find deals on chocolate, condoms, lubricants, chocolate, perfume, wines, chocolate, flowers, candles, steak and seafood. Even better, wait until AFTER February 14th to score some great buys when the stores start to clearance out all of their Valentine’s Day inventory!
Check out these recent Valentine’s Day related posts…
- DIY Dollar Tree Valentine’s Day Robot Snacks
- FIFTY Roses Only $49.98 at CostCo & Sam’s Club (Order Now for Valentine’s Day)
- Valentine’s Day Toilet Paper Gag Gifts (Free Digital Files Included)
- JCPenney: Valentine’s Day Tees Only $5 (Kids, Juniors & Women’s)
- DIY Valentine’s Day Crunchy Slime Recipe + FREE Printable Labels
- Over 50% off Cricut Explore Air Machine + More (Great for Valentine’s Day Cards)
- Adorable Valentine’s Day Decor, Cards & Gifts ONLY $1 Each at Dollar Tree
- Get Ready for Valentine’s Day at Target’s One Spot – Items As Low As $1
- $15 off $15 Purchase at 1-800-Flowers.com (Select PayPal Users
- Zales Diamond Accent Pendant Necklaces Only $29.99 (Regularly $119)
Did you know that new furniture styles hit the showroom floors twice a year – usually in February and August? Since stores need to make room for those new arrivals, you can expect to see big price cuts on remaining inventory – such as mattresses, recliners, sofas, air conditioners, humidifiers and more.
Save with these buys:
4.) Heart-Healthy Products
Did you know that February is American Heart Month and National Hot Breakfast Month? You may find deals and coupons for heart-healthy foods (seasonal fruits, vegetables, whole grains, poultry, fish, etc) as well as hot breakfast foods (oatmeal, grits, waffle mixes, breakfast meats, etc).
Here are the seasonal produce items to save on in February:
Artichokes, Asparagus, Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard, Collards, Grapefruit, Kale, Oranges, Parsnips, Pears, Potatoes, Turnips, Kiwi, Avocado
Yummy Breakfast Recipes:
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Baked Ham & Cheese Cups
- Banana Cocoa Overnight Oats (No Cook Soaked Oatmeal)
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Tarts
- Easy Cherry Danish
- Maple Bacon Pancake Bites
- Sausage & Egg Breakfast Casserol
- Veggie Frittata
- Overnight Oatmeal
5.) Winter Apparel and Accessories
With winter coming to an end, February also appears to be the month when retailers clear out their winter apparel and accessories to get ready for Spring inventory. This means HOT clearance savings for the whole family! Get ready for next year with deep discounts on beanies, jackets, puffer vests and MUCH more!
Here are a few current deals:
- Mountain Hardwear Mens Full Fleece Jackets Only $99.98 Shipped (Regularly $250) + More
- Up to 60% Off Lands’ End Outerwear at Sears
- 70% Off REI Garage Sale = Kids Fleece Jackets ONLY $20.73 (Regularly $69.50) + More
- Up to 65% Off MUK LUKS for Women & Kids
- Sears.com: $20 in Points w/ $20 Apparel Purchase
- Up to 70% Off Beanies for the Whole Family
- Danskin Womens Quilted Vest Only $5.50 (Regularly $13) + More
- 3-in-1 Boys Ski Jacket Possibly Only $7 (Regularly $26) + More