Coming Soon! Tackle Your Target Run Without Leaving Your Car
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This is the best thing to happen to Target since the Dollar Spot!
Try to contain your excitement (!!!), but did you know soon you should be able to get the Target Run experience without leaving your car?! Target just announced Drive Up, a new feature on the Target app that allows you to place an order online, AND have your entire order brought right to your car!
Think of all the time AND potential money you can save by actually sticking to your shopping list, rather than aimlessly roaming the aisles and tossing every amazing find into your cart.
This service is currently only available in VERY select Target locations (Minneapolis, MN or St. Paul, MN area), so you’ll have to wait for your local Target to become fully equipped for this service.
Here’s how Target Drive Up works:
- You choose “Drive Up” in the app when you’re ready to place your order.
- You’ll receive an estimated time for order completion.
- Once ready, you let the store know you’re on your way.
- Park in one of the designated Drive Up spots and click “I’m here”.
- Have your order barcode on your app ready so your Target associate can scan and load your order into your trunk.
- Smile. Drive home. You’re on your way!
Here’s the downside….
- This service is likely not available in your location yet (see the list of participating stores here), so you may have to be patient to try this out.
- Target Drive Up is currently only available for iOS, so Android users will need to be patient just a bit longer.
- Just like regular online orders, you won’t be able to apply Cartwheel offers or use coupons on your order.
That said, we’re still SO interested to see how this convenient service works!