Get the Kids Outside with This EASY DIY Bubble Solution
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for a fun outdoor activity this summer?
Try making this easy DIY homemade bubble solution and head outside! This simple version works just as great as store-bought, and you probably already have everything you need on hand. Plus this takes just a few minutes to mix up. You’ll be twirling bubbles in no time!
DIY Bubble Solution
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 and 1/2 cups dish soap
- Using a large bowl, container, or pitcher, mix corn syrup with water.
- Mix dish soap into the mixture gently, as to not create foam on top.
- Pour bubbles into a cake pan or something similar.
- Dip a bubble wand into the mixture and create your bubbles!
- I used corn syrup because I already had it on hand, however, you can mix liquid glycerin with the dish soap instead. The more corn syrup or glycerin used, the larger the bubbles you’ll be able to make. (As you can see, these are pretty large bubbles!)
- This was a very large batch of bubble solution. Feel free to cut ingredients in half for a smaller batch.
Need some bubble toys?
Have kids that love playing with bubbles?
I remember the days we could sit outside in the yard and play bubbles for hours, and they would love it. Mine are getting older, but they still like doing these fun and easy activities with me sometimes. 🙂
I think this is such a smart way to make a large batch of bubble solution so you don’t have to worry about running out. You could do this at any outdoor party for kids. In fact, I think having a bubble station would be pretty much the best. Enjoy!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! Check out all of Lina’s DIY/CRAFTS and RECIPES created just for Hip2Save.