McDonald’s Plans to Spend $6 Billion to Modernize Most U.S. Restaurants by 2020
Recently, McDonald’s announced that they’re planning to spend a whopping $6 billion for restaurant improvements to modernize most U.S. McDonald’s restaurants by 2020, with hopes of transforming the customer experience. With this significant investment, the transformed restaurants will feature the following changes:
- Enhanced customer experience with digital self-order kiosks that make ordering and paying for meals easier.
- Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired décor, new furniture, and refreshed exterior designs.
- Remodeled counters allowing for new table service that offers guests the opportunity to relax while their food is being made.
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases.
- Bright and easy to read digital menu boards inside and at the drive-through.
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through Mobile Order & Pay.
And speaking of Mobile Order & Pay, we love using the McDonald’s App as it offers tons of FREE and inexpensive food deals! For instance, you may be able to currently score Buy One Medium or Large McCafé Get One for 1¢, $3 off $10 purchase, $1 McDoubles, and MORE (may vary by user/location).