5 “Secret” Holiday Starbucks Drinks You Can Order (+ Our Team’s Faves!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Did you know that Starbucks can make a variety of “secret” holiday drinks that are not on the menu? They can – and will pretty much make anything you’d like as long as you know the recipe! Not to mention that they launch other seasonal drinks throughout the year, like the Crystal Ball Frappuccino, Witch’s Brew and Juniper Latte – we were not fans of it! 🤢).
Keep in mind that depending on what drink you’re ordering and what add-ins there are, you may be required to pay a little extra for these add-in items (such as bananas, syrups, etc). Also, it’s really important when requesting a “secret” drink that you make note of the recipe and not just the name – as not all Baristas are familiar with the drink names.
Here are five secret holiday beverages you won’t find listed on the Starbucks menu, and what you’ll need to say when ordering them (plus, scroll down for our team’s faves!)…
1. Holly Jolly Latte
- Stat with an Eggnog Chai Latte – NO water
- Add peppermint syrup – 1 pump tall, 2 pumps grande, 3 pumps venti
- Top with nutmeg sprinkles and whipped cream
2. Christmas in a Cup Latte
- Start with a Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Add white mocha syrup (1.5 pumps tall, 2 pumps grande, 2.5 pumps venti)
- Add peppermint syrup (1/2 pump tall, 1 pump grande, 1.5 pumps venti)
- Optional: Top with chocolate whipped cream instead of regular if you like it extra chocolatey!
3. Candy Cane Frappuccino
- Start with a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Add peppermint syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
4. Christmas Cookie Frappuccino
- Start with a creme base Frappuccino
- Add Peppermint Syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
- Add Toffee Nut Syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
- Top with whipped cream and a raw sugar packet sprinkled on top
- Optional: Top with caramel drizzle
5. Roasted Chestnut Macchiatto
- Start with a Hazelnut Macchiato
- Add toffee nut syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
- Add extra hazelnut syrup (1 pump tall, 1.5 pumps grande, 2 pumps venti)
- Add white chocolate mocha Syrup (1/2 pump tall and grande, 1 pump venti)
- Top with spiced whipped cream and hazelnut drizzle
And, here are some of the team’s FAVE holiday Starbucks drinks:
“I love the ICED White Peppermint Mocha with Almond Milk. It gets me going and is sooo YUUMMMY!” – Amber
“My favorite drink is the Blonde Caramel Brulée Latte, with 3 shots of espresso, one pump of Caramel Brulée sauce, and one pump of Vanilla Syrup. UNREAL.” – Emily
“I just tried the hot Caramel Brulée Latte and it is SO good! I always ask for half the syrup so it’s not super sweet.” – Lina
“My Christmas go-to is a 1/2 Chestnut Praline Latte + 1/2 White Chocolate Mocha! I ask for the grande Chestnut Praline Latte with 2 pumps of Chestnut Praline syrup, 2 pumps of White Chocolate Mocha sauce, blonde espresso, soy milk, with extra Praline topping and whipped cream.” – Alana
“I love the Gingerbread Latte with nonfat milk and no whip. My boys don’t like coffee, but they love the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with Peppermint.” – Mary
“Since I’m a Keto gal, my go-to Starbucks drink is an Americano with steamed heavy cream and my trusty liquid Stevia that I add in to sweeten things up. If I’m craving a seasonal flavor, I keep fun holiday varieties on hand like pumpkin spice.” – Collin
Wanna save at Starbucks? This will perk you up!
Did you know that if you’re a Starbucks Rewards Member, you’ll be able to choose one of the following rewards on your actual birthday – no purchase required!
- FREE handcrafted beverage (choose ANY size!)
- FREE food Item (like a yummy pastry or danish) or
- FREE ready-to-drink bottled beverage (such as an Evolution Fresh juice)
To qualify for the birthday reward, you must be a Starbucks Rewards member (or have joined Starbucks Rewards at least seven days before your birthday) and have made at least one Star-earning transaction using your registered Starbucks Card. Your birthday reward will be automatically added to your account on your birthday and is valid only on that date, so use it while it’s HOT!
And, if you’re ordering coffee on your birthday, be sure to size up to a Venti (or a Trenta for cold drinks), add shots of espresso, flavorings, and whipped cream, as all of the additions are on the house!
Remember, whenever you sign up to become a Starbucks Rewards member, you’ll instantly earn Green Level and will earn two Stars for every $1 you spend on coffee, food, drinks, and mugs. You’ll also get free in-store refills, member events & offers, a free birthday reward, and more perks!
If you earn at least 300 Stars within the 12-month period following your enrollment date, you will qualify for the Gold Level, which includes all Green Level rewards AND a free drink or food item after every 125 additional Stars earned.