Starbucks Rewards Program Changes Coming Soon (Redeem Rewards Faster)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
The Starbucks Rewards program is changing!
Ready to use your Starbucks rewards even faster? Starbucks will soon be rolling out their NEW rewards system and you will no longer be required to reach Gold Level before you qualify to redeem!
Currently, Starbucks Rewards Members start at Green level and earn 2 stars per $1 spent. After earning 300 stars in 12 months to qualify for Gold Level, members would still need to earn an additional 125 stars to redeem a reward. That’s a whopping 425 stars before ever getting your first reward.
With the new rewards system, Starbucks Rewards Members will still earn 2 stars for every $1 spent, however you will now be able to redeem your points at different levels for various items! While this does lower the amount needed to redeem for a plain coffee, you will now need MORE stars for handcrafted beverages.
- Redeem 25 Stars – Add an extra shot, flavor, or soy milk to your drink for free (up to $1 off beverage price)
- Redeem 50 Stars – Get any size hot brewed coffee, hot tea, or bakery item for free
- Redeem 150 Stars – Get any handcrafted beverage or breakfast item for free
- Redeem 200 Stars – Get a lunch sandwich, salad or protein box for free
- Redeem 400 Stars – Get packaged coffee or a single merchandise item for free (up to $20 value)
All other Starbucks Rewards items like free in-store brewed coffee or tea refills, and birthday freebies will still be available as well!
Note that there is not a set launch date for the new Rewards System, but it is projected for Spring 2019.