Want $1,000 to Spend on Holiday Shopping? Read This.
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Think you could get your holiday shopping done without any of these Black Friday deals? 🤔
Shopping local is great for small businesses and communities, but do you think you could complete all of your holiday shopping without buying anything from corporate America this year? Business.org is challenging you to do just that, and they’re paying one lucky person to take on that challenge!
Business.org is a company that supports small business owners. This year, they’re hiring one skilled shopper who is willing to ditch corporate America and complete 100% of their holiday shopping at locally owned businesses in their community. The successful candidate will earn $1000 for completing the challenge and documenting their experiences!
The ideal candidate for this challenge will have a sincere desire to shun corporate America and commit to a local lifestyle for their holiday shopping. A strong social media presence is also an asset, but not required. If selected for this challenge, you’ll be required to:
- Visit 3–5 local businesses in your community to buy holiday gifts
- Keep receipts to show where each item was purchased
- Refrain from buying gifts from corporate America this year
- Share your experience on your social media channels, including pictures of yourself in the stores
- Document all the details like cost, convenience, customer service, and the pros and cons of your local shopping adventures
- Write a short summary of your experience to be shared on the Business.org blog
Think you’re up to the task? Visit the Business.org website and complete your application no later than November 27, 2019. Good luck, and come back and let us know if you get the job!
Looking for more ways to make money this holiday season?