The Home Depot is Recalling 100,000 Artificial Christmas Trees Purchased in 2019
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Did you purchase a Christmas tree from Home Depot last year?
The Home Depot has just announced the recall of around 100,000 Home Accents Holiday Artificial Christmas Trees due to a potential burn hazard. Sold exclusively at The Home Depot from June to December 2019, the mode-switching foot pedal controllers on these trees can overheat and possibly cause a burn.
Customers are advised to stop using these controllers immediately and request a free replacement pedal from Willis Electric, the manufacturer.
To request your replacement controller, fill out the form here. Shipments will start in September, and delivery is expected to take 1-2 weeks once shipped, so you should have your tree updated and ready for the upcoming holiday season.
Is your tree included in the recall?
- Model #W14N0127 with SKU #1004391988 or #1004147107 – 7.5 ft. Pre-Lit Braxton Color Changing 8-Function Artificial Christmas Tree w/ 700 Micro Dot LED Lights
- Model #W14N0157 with SKU #1004363928 or #1004213736 – 7.5 ft. Pre-Lit LED Starlin Slim Color Changing 8-Function Artificial Christmas Tree w/ 800 Micro Dot Lights
- Model #W14N0126 with SKU #1004363929 or #1004213737- 7.5 ft. Pre-Lit LED White Uptown Color Changing Artificial Christmas Tree w/ 700 Micro Dot Lights
- Model #W14N0149 – 9 ft. 900L Micro Dot LED Braxton Color Changing w/ 8-Function Tree
- Model #W14N0148 – 9 ft. Pre-Lit LED Uptown Color Changing 8-Function Artificial Christmas Tree w/ 900 Micro Dot Lights
If you have questions, you can contact Willis Electric at 866-210-5958 or www.williscorporation.com.