*HOT* 9 Household, Grocery & Personal Care Items Only $4.40 at Dollar General (August 7th Only – Just Use Your Phone)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Save big with your phone & digital coupons at Dollar General!
Get ready! On Saturday, August 7th only, hurry into your local Dollar General where you’ll be able to save $5 off your $25 purchase with this digital coupon – valid in-store only!
Just remember to clip the coupon in your Dollar General app before heading to the store. Then, enter the phone number associated with your account on the PIN pad during checkout, and the coupon will be automatically applied when you purchase $25+ of eligible items Saturday, August 7th ONLY.
Even better, select items also have digital manufacturer’s coupons available to clip. Stack these with the DG coupon and score HOT buys on household essentials!
All you need is your phone to snag this *HOT* deal scenario…
Buy 1 Tide Simply Pods Detergent $2.95
Buy 1 Downy Citrus & Vanilla Bliss Liquid Fabric Conditioner (Fabric Softener) 34oz $2.95
Buy 1 Men’s or Women’s Schick Classic Disposable Razors 3-Count $4 (regularly $4.50)
Buy 2 Colgate Optic White Stainfighter Gel Toothpastes $3 each
Buy 1 Oral-B Indicator Color Collection Soft Manual Toothbrush 2-Count $3
Buy 1 Lysol 15-Count Wipes* $1
Buy 2 Tone Body Washes $3 each
Total = $25.90
Use the $5/$25 Dollar General digital coupon (exp 8/7)
Use the $2/1 Tide digital coupon (exp 8/7)
Use the $2/1 Downy Fabric Enhancer digital coupon (exp 8/7)
Use the $3/1 Schick Classic Disposable Razors digital coupon (exp 8/14)
Use the $4/2 Colgate Toothpaste digital coupon (exp 8/14)
Use the $2/1 Oral-B Indicator Color Collection Manual Toothbrush digital coupon (exp 7/31)
Use the $0.50/1 Lysol product digital coupon (exp 8/28)
Use the Buy 1, Get 1 Free Tone Bodywash digital coupon (exp 8/7)
Final cost $4.40 total for all 9 products – ONLY 49¢ each!
*The 15-count packets of Lysol Wipes are usually found in the aisle with the smaller-sized cleaning products and other $1 items.
Hip Tips to keep in mind…
- Please keep in mind that you can change up this scenario to grab products that you typically use in your home as long as the total is at least $25 before coupons and pricing may vary in your area. This is just one of the many scenarios that you can do and save big!
- You will need to be logged in to your Dollar General account in order to see all of the digital coupons mentioned above. You can clip the coupons in advance or scan the products with your DG app in-store, however, my store has spotty service so I like to clip in advance. Some coupons may not come up by searching the name, so you’ll need to open the digital coupons page and scroll if you don’t find it immediately.
- I find that it works best to enter your phone number into the keypad AFTER the cashier has scanned all of your items and hit total.
- Be sure to check out with a cashier! I’ve tried self-checkout at two different stores and my digital coupons did not all apply to my purchase even when I entered my phone number!
- My store (and every other DG I’ve been in) seems to be a wifi/cell dead zone with no service beyond the entrance to the store! I place my items into the shopping cart and head to the front of the store to use the Dollar General app to scan them to be sure the coupons are attaching prior to check out.
Want really good deals in real-time? Start texting with Collin!
At my local DG the $5 off $25 is deducted after all other coupons are applied. Does anyone else have similar issues?
Any ideas as to how I can get the $5 off $25 to be applied first? Thanks for all the great deals!
You’re welcome, SJ! We have always found it to work for us as listed above. The offers will all apply automatically since they are digital.
I have the cashier scan my paper $5 off $25 before I enter my phone number and deduct the rest of my coupons. So far it’s worked for me when previously I had the same issue you’re having.
No lysol coupon.
Darn! Maybe double check that you are logged in. You could also try changing your location OR grab the coupon on the product page of a qualifying Lysol item. Hoping this helps!
No colgate coupon for me 🙁 Now going to see what else I can substitute with to still get a good deal! Thanks for all the legwork H2S!
You’re welcome, Michelle! Maybe try changing your location. Hoping that might help!
No. But I did find these 3 items that I may be able to substitute out just as reasonable …
Buy 1 Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo/Conditioner 12.5 oz $3 each
Buy Soft Scrub cleanser $3 each
Buy Skinny Pop $3 each
Use the $2/1 Garnier Fructis Pure Clean digital coupon
Use the $1/1 soft scrub cleaner digital coupon
Use the $1/1 Skinny pop popcorn digital coupon
Thanks again!! You guys rock!!
Aww, You’re so welcome! Thank YOU for sharing and for the super sweet comment! 💖
Awesome!!! Thank you so much! I always do the DG deals on Saturday!
You’re welcome, Renee! Happy shopping!
Thanks so much for the dollar general scenarios, I always look forward to them. Also, I hit the clearance aisle and match items up with coupons on the app, sometimes I score big!
It always makes us feel good to know you like this type of post! It’s very much appreciated!
Why is it that most Dollar General’s have no cell service?!? Is it the type of building construction, or are they actually killing the reception inside the store? Whatever it is, it makes me crazy. Glad I’m not the only person pushing a cartful of stuff to the front of the store. 😅
OMG! There are only two spots in the store that actually work for me, one is right by the front door, and one spot right by the razors! Their workers are used to seeing me each week and call the front door spot my “office” when I’m checking the deals! 🤣
Just a heads-up: I just bought the Tide Simply and the digital Tide coupon did not come off. When I clipped it yesterday, the app showed that the Tide Simply (pods and liquid) were eligible products. Today when I got home, I checked again and they were no longer shown under eligible products – only regular Tide was listed.
Oh no! That’s so odd. Thank you so much for letting us know!