New Limited-Edition Pop-Tarts Chocolatey Churro Día de Muertos Boxes Coming in September
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
We love celebrating holidays with food tie-ins!
This September, Pop-Tarts will release a new limited-edition variety of its iconic toaster pastries in celebration of Día de Muertos. Also known as “Day of the Dead,” Día de Muertos is a tradition that originated in Mexico to honor the life of loved ones who have passed on.
The new Día de Muertos Pop-Tarts feature nine all-new Printed-Fun designs. To properly honor this tradition, the artwork was created by Kellogg’s HOLA Latino Business Employee Resource Group. The designs pay tribute to several different aspects of Día de Muertos celebrations:
- Papel Picado – a decorative craft made by cutting designs into colorful tissue paper
- Calaveras de Azúcar – sugar skulls
- Flor de Cempasúchil – the marigold flower
- Veladora – a Mexican religious candle
- Alebrijes – Mexican folk sculptures featuring mythical creatures
The Día de Muertos designs can be found on Frosted Chocolatey Churro Pop-Tarts, which have a chocolatey cinnamon flavored filling. Look for them everywhere Pop-Tarts are sold starting in September!