Make Christmas Tree Slime for the Holidays
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Want a fun holiday craft idea?
Let the kids make some Christmas tree-inspired slime! The best part, this version smells like Christmas trees! 🎄My kids are still fascinated by slime crafts, and this one is super fun and festive! Plus, it’s easy to mix up using just a few supplies.
Get your holiday slime on!
While you could use white glue, I used clear glue in this batch so that the fun Christmas confetti can show up. Also, you can find Christmas confetti online and at most craft stores, but I found mine in the Target dollar section! So fun.
We decided to scent our slime with a nice Christmas Tree essential oil blend. Smells so great, although completely optional. I think peppermint oil would smell nice, too.
There are a few ways to make slime, but we like using the contact solution. Make sure the brand you use contains boric acid and sodium borate so it’ll work as an activator (I use this Blink brand). For an alternative, try using 1/2 cup of liquid starch like Stay-Flo instead of contact solution and baking soda.
DIY Christmas Slime
- 6 oz. Elmer’s clear glue
- 2 drops Christmas Tree blend essential oil
- 1 tablespoon Christmas confetti
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons contact solution
- Using a spoon, mix glue with essential oil and confetti.
- Mix in water and baking soda.
- Mix in the contact solution as an activator. You’ll notice a slime will form right away and become firm. Keep stirring and manipulating the slime. Add additional contact solution if it’s still too sticky.
- Eventually, you’ll get a jiggly and fun slime to play with that smells like a Christmas tree.
Note: Slime can last for weeks stored in a tightly covered container. However, I’d toss if it gets moldy or starts to smell.
Jiggly Christmas slime fun!
Oh my goodness, this scented slime is so cool! We loved playing with it, and what a fun winter break activity idea. Put on some holiday tunes, and whip up a batch of stretchy, satisfying slime to play with.
Looking for more slime recipe ideas?
- 3-Ingredient Puffy Slime
- DIY Pumpkin Guts Slime
- DIY Scented Pudding Slime
- DIY Butter Slime
- 2 Ingredient Borax Slime
- DIY Valentine’s Day Crunchy Slime
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.