Peapod Shopping Guide
As most of you know, shopping with coupons and kids in the grocery store can be challenging to say the least. Thanks to Peapod, you can now do all of your grocery shopping from home AND have your groceries delivered directly to your door. WooHoo!
Peapod is an online grocery store that has 4 divisions across the country: Peapod, Peadpod by Stop&Shop, Peapod by Giant (Food) and Peapod by Giant (Food Stores). To find out which Peapod Division delivers to your hometown, click here.
Peapod Shopping Facts
* Peadpod accepts all valid manufacturer’s coupons, both newspaper coupons AND internet printables. Even sweeter…THEY DOUBLE! Most areas will double coupons with a face value under $0.99. Pretty sweet, huh?!
* To redeem your paper coupons, place them in a sealed envelope with your name or order number and give them to your driver when your groceries are delivered. Please note that all paper coupons are processed after your order has been billed, up to 10 business days from your delivery date. Credit for coupons totaling over $1 will be applied to your preferred payment type. Credit for coupons totaling under $1 will be applied to your account and deducted from a future delivery.
* To place an order on Peapod.com, you have to spend at least $60. Delivery charges do apply, but can be easily offset with the use of matching manufacturer coupons with the weekly sales, Savingstar, Upromise, your store loyalty card, choosing “greener” delivery times, and making your payment electronically with your checking account. There are also additional savings programs such as the Refer a Friend, VIPea Program and First time user promo codes that can help you score even sweeter deals on your grocery orders.
Getting Started with Peapod
(1) Go here and enter the zip code where you would like your groceries delivered, then follow the directions.
(2) Enter in your current store loyalty card number in the field on the left hand side of the screen where it says” Enter your Card.” Depending on your location, you will see one of the 4 store Peapod logos in the upper left hand corner your screen. Having a store card will allow you to score all the sale prices and promotional offers! If you don’t have a loyalty card, click on one of the links below to sign up:
(3) Start Shopping. If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed, consider clicking on the Quick Guide which has the answers to almost any questions you can think of from how to shop, delivery rates, price policy, saving money with coupons and so much more! If you can’t find the answer to your question in the Quick Guide, you can always select the Help Button for additional assistance for an even more detailed FAQ section.
* Don’t forget to use those manufacturer coupons and internet printable coupons! 🙂
* Select “greener” delivery time slots that will save you an additional $2-3 off your shopping order. “Greener” delivery time slots are usually later in the day and have a longer window (i.e. Thursday evening between 4:30pm-9:00pm).
* If you pay electronically with Peapod Direct Check (just enter your routing number and account number), you’ll save $1 on every order (you can learn more about this when checking out). First time users in select states can save up to $5 on their first order when choosing to pay with Peapod Direct Check.
* Sign up to receive mobile text message alerts to be notified when you are the next delivery.
* Request product substitutions if the item you selected is unavailable at no extra charge or you can request rain checks. Depending on your state, rain checks are either mailed to you or applied to your account in the form of “e rain checks.” More info can be found in the Quick Guide.
* Shop from the Peapod smart phone app or app for your tablet.
* If you follow a special diet, check out Nutri-Filter! Nutri-Filter allows you to select a certain type of diet (or you can create/customize your own) and then automatically sifts through all of the products, highlighting the ones that meet your nutritional goals (i.e. Gluten-Free).
* Earn gas points with your store card, just like you would in-store!
* Take advantage of the Refer a friend program. Get $10 off your next order when your friend places their first order and your friend will get $10 off their first order too! All you have to do is refer your friends through email, Facebook or Twitter. They just click on the link included in the message and you earn your rewards when they get their first delivery.
Peapod Pricing Policy
Prices for products you place in your cart will be guaranteed as long as your order is delivered within 7 calendar days from the day you originally place your order. After 7 days, prices will be adjusted to reflect current prices.
Important Note: Keep in mind that Peapod.com has been continuously expanding their delivery service. If delivery service is not yet available in your hometown, you may want to fill out the form that you get redirected to after entering in your zip code so you can be contacted when service becomes available.
(Thanks to Hip Helper, Kate, for putting together this guide!)