Bake Feta Cheese Pasta
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Fresh tomatoes, Greek feta cheese, garlic, and olive oil get baked in a casserole dish to make a creamy & flavorful sauce for pasta!
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 7 oz. block of Greek feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces dried bow tie pasta, or pasta of choice
- garnish: fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
To a large casserole dish, add tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and toss.
Add the feta cheese in the middle. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, and season the dish with Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until tomatoes are nicely roasted and the cheese is melted.
While the feta & tomatoes are in the oven, cook the noodles separately using the stove. Drain water.
Remove the baking pan from the oven. Mix the contents until creamy. Add in the cooked pasta, and stir. Serve with fresh basil.