Southwest Chili with Ranch Style Beans
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Ground beef, ranch-style beans, cilantro, and Southwestern flavors make this hearty chili irresistible!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2- 10 oz. cans Black Label Ranch Beans, undrained
- 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper
- topping suggestions: Fritos, cheese, and sour cream
In a large pot or Dutch oven heat up the olive oil over medium heat and cook the chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic until translucent and soft. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the ground beef, crumble, and cook through. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the meat. Drain grease if there is excess.
Stir in the Ranch-style beans, Rotel, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, oregano, and fresh cilantro.
Bring the chili to a simmer, reduce heat, and let cook for about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in bowls and top with cheese, Fritos, and sour cream if desired. Enjoy!