S’mores Bars (Easy 4th of July Dessert)
yield: 16 SERVINGS
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Make these delicious marshmallow gooey bars that are perfect for your next gathering.
- one pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (note that the original recipe calls for 18oz., but I only had one 12 oz. bag on hand and they turned out great)
- 1 16 oz. bag Jet-Puffed StarMallows Marshmallows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, butter and graham cracker crumbs (easily make graham cracker crumbs by placing crackers in a Ziploc bag and going over them a couple times with a rolling pin!). Stir mixture until it forms a dough.
Press dough evenly onto the bottom of a well greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Take out of oven and quickly pour and spread chocolate chips evenly with a knife – they will melt from the heat of the cookie.
Place marshmallow stars on the top of the chocolate. Instead of pouring them randomly, I placed the stars so they were all laying flat and not on their side for a neater look (and so you could tell they are stars!).
Place pan on broil in the oven to brown marshmallows – this will only take a minute or less so watch them CAREFULLY!