I Tried ThredUp Goody Box for CHEAP & I Loved It
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Who doesn’t love stylish & affordable clothes?!
Like many of you, I LOVE shopping online, even more so now that all of these stores are closed and we’re stuck inside quarantining. When I recently cleaned out my closet during our month-long clean out challenge, I realized I was in desperate need of some new spring and summer staple pieces.
That’s where ThredUp and their Goody Boxes came to the rescue.
So, what’s a ThredUp Goody Box?
If you didn’t already know, ThredUp is the largest online consignment shop, which happens to be my favorite way to buy clothes since I try to live an eco-friendly lifestyle any way I can. But their site is pretty overwhelming with the [literally] thousands of items to choose from and you know I love to try things before I buy them.
So that’s why Goody Boxes are the answer to my (and now your) dreams! Even more exciting, the Goody boxes that they offer are curated with 10 items that are handpicked just for you!
But how much does it cost to get a box?
There’s typically a $10 deposit fee when you order a Goody Box, but your $10 deposit fee will even go towards whatever you decide to keep from your box so it will seem like another little discount when you pay for the items you keep! 😉 Just keep in mind that it’s non-refundable so if you send everything back, you’ll be out $10.
I love surprise mail! Can I subscribe to get this box?
You can choose to get a box just once or every 2, 3 or 4 months! Their style quiz is genius too, so you can be sure to receive items that you’ll hopefully love. They’ll ask obvious questions like your sizes, favorite colors, brands, least favorite colors & patterns, etc., but I especially loved that I could link my personal Pinterest board full of all my favorite styles so whoever put my box together could really get to know me.
I was skeptical prior to my Goody box arriving, but I’m happy to say that they nailed it! 👏
I’m a minimalist at heart, so I’m all about stocking up on capsule wardrobe pieces that I can easily mix and match and keep for years without anyone knowing they’re “so last season”. That said, the style quiz was a total success and I loved everything I received down to the brands, textures, colors, and more importantly…
The prices for the Goody Box clothing pieces were affordable!
Highlighted are all the items I loved that fit perfectly so I’m totally keeping them. The one item I still can’t get over is the gray Madewell dress that originally cost $119, and I scored it for just $31.99! 😱
The rest of the prices certainly speak for themselves, too, and the best part about it all is that no matter what you want to spend, you can set the price points for your spending budget so they’ll only send items that are practical for you and your wallet.
I also discovered that just because you have a cheap budget, doesn’t mean you get cheap clothes!
Sure, there were some brands I had never heard of, but ultimately, everything was my style and colors that I love.
Even better, they didn’t cost me nearly what they would have if I went into Zara, Madewell, or Nordstrom at the mall and shopped for these clothes myself. 🙌
Here’s how the ThredUp Goody Box customization works:
It’s really such a simple process and it’s totally hassle-free!
- Start by heading to the Goody Box page on ThredUp.
- Click “Get My Goody Box” down at the bottom.
- Choose the garment types you’d like to receive (tops, dresses, etc.).
- Input your sizes for each type of clothing.
- Select your budget – $10-25, $15-50, $20-75, $25-100.
- Determine your fashion style and definitely link to your Pinterest board if you have one!
- Pick your favorite brands.
- Fill out some final details – favorite colors, patterns, fabrics, etc.
- Let your stylist know about any upcoming events, what you wear on the daily, and styling preferences that they can take into account when selecting items for your box.
- Choose the items you want to receive most in your box. (if you desperately need new tops, that should be at the top of your list!)
- Decide how often you want to receive a box – once or every 2, 3, or 4 months.
- Yay! You’re done! Checkout, pay your $10 deposit fee, and wait for your preloved goodies to arrive!
Just a couple of last-minute things to think about:
- Be aware of your makeup. You might not be keeping these clothes, so just be courteous when trying on items so you don’t smudge foundation on a perfectly good shirt that someone else might fall in love with.
- Check your clothing carefully. Although the pair of black denim I received was slightly too big for me, I still noticed there was a small hole near the pocket. Everything else in my box was perfect, but just make sure to check your pieces thoroughly before deciding to keep.
- Send the items you don’t want back in time. Watch the calendar. You’ll have 21 days to return unwanted items (using the included prepaid shipping label). *Note that normally you only have 7 days but due to COVID they’re extending this return policy temporarily.