5 Days of Low Carb Meals (Printable Recipes AND Grocery List)
If you’re trying to eat less carbs this year, and are looking for some EASY and YUMMY low carb meals options for your family, we’ve got ya covered! Check out these FIVE delicious grain-free meal ideas, plus a detailed grocery list available to print for FREE!
Zucchini Pizza Casserole
(Yields 8 servings)
4 cups Zucchini, shredded (about 3 medium sized zucchini)
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 and 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 White Onion, chopped
2 TBSP. Olive Oil
20 Pepperoni slices (about 1 oz.)
1- 2.25 oz. can Black Olives, Sliced
- Shred zucchini with a box shredder and place in a strainer or colander with salt. Press down to drain as much water as possible. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix zucchini with eggs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Press into a greased 13×9-in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, sauté onion with olive oil and brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain meat if necessary.
- Mix marinara sauce with cooked ground beef, and spoon over the zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the meat.
- Top with pepperoni and olives.
- Place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.
Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas
(Yields 4-5 servings)
1.5 lbs. Fresh Chicken Breasts, sliced into strips
3 Bell Peppers, any color, sliced
1 Red Onion, sliced
3 Tablespoons Olive or Canola Oil, divided
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
1.5 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
For Serving: Lettuce cups, avocado, cheese, hot sauce, etc
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions with 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of oil until crisp-tender, remove from skillet, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil, and add chicken.
- Stir in seasonings and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Return pepper mixture to pan and heat through.
- Serve on top of lettuce cups with any desired low carb topping such as avocado, cheese, and favorite hot sauce.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Cabbage Roll Soup
(Yields about 12 cups)
2 TBSP Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 White Onion, chopped
1 lb ground beef
4 Cups Beef Stock
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, drained
6 oz. can tomato paste
3 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
1 head cabbage, halved and sliced
3 cups riced cauliflower, frozen
- Heat olive oil inside a skillet on the stove with onion and garlic, and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add ground meat, cook and drain excess grease, and transfer to slow cooker.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, spices, parsley, and cabbage, and riced cauliflower.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW for 6 hours.
- Note: Can alternatively simmer in a pot on the stove for 30-40 minutes instead of slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken
(Yields 6 servings)
2 lb. Chicken breast meat
1- 0.6 oz. packet Zesty Italian Seasoning
8 oz. Cream Cheese, Plain
8 oz. Cream Cheese, Onion & Chive flavor
4 Bacon Slices, Cooked, Crumbled
4 cups Cauliflower, Riced (or desired amount for serving)
8 oz. Broccoli, chopped
Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional topping)
- Place raw chicken, cream cheese, and seasoning packet into a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on HIGH for about 3- 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 until chicken is tender and can be shredded. (Mine was done at 3.5 hours on HIGH.)
- 15 minutes before serving, add broccoli to slow cooker.
- Fry bacon in a skillet on the stove, drain, and set aside.
- Place riced cauliflower in skillet with a tiny amount of bacon grease and cook for a few minutes on medium heat until tender.
- Shred chicken, stir sauce, and serve on top of cauliflower rice with crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Note: If sauce becomes too thick, just stir in a little cream or milk to thin.
Italian Sausage & Veggies Sheet Pan Meal
(Yields 4-5 Servings)
I lb. Italian Sausage (uncooked, in casings)
3 Bell Peppers, thickly sliced (Use whichever colors desired)
1 white onion, thickly sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes
8 oz. Brussels Sprouts, trimmed
1 TBSP. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut sausage in fourths and place on pan with cut veggies.
- Toss with olive oil, season, and Bake at 425 degrees for about 30-35 minutes until sausage is cooked through.