The Best Pumpkin Spice Scones with Cream Cheese Glaze
Skip pricey coffee shop scones and make your own at home!
These easy to make homemade pumpkin spice scones are full of fall-inspired flavors, and drizzled with a cream cheese glaze, for a memorable breakfast treat your family will love! The dough is very simple to make with common ingredients, and it bakes up into deliciously soft, crumbly scones.
- If you make scones often, consider getting a ceramic scone pan. I love mine, and how it makes perfectly shaped scones every time!
- Make sure to use a cold stick of butter. I like to use a cheese grater, but you can use a knife to cut your cold butter into very small pieces as well.
Pumpkin Spice Scones with Cream Cheese Glaze
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
These moist pumpkin spice scones with a yummy glaze are the perfect fall breakfast treat!
for the scones:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, shredded or cut up in small cubes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
for the glaze:
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk, or a tad more as needed
Pumpkin spice is LIFE!
If you’re a big fan of fall baking like me, definitely put this on your list of baked goodies to make. It was simple and easy to make with minimal effort, and I like that this isn’t an overly sweet scone either. The pumpkin is subtle, yet tasty, and overall a delicious way to treat yourself and family!
Love scones? Check out the BEST lemon poppy seed scones!