Caramel Stuffed Baked Apples Recipe | Must-Make Fall Treat
Ready to up your caramel apple game?!
Consider baking a pan of these insanely delicious caramel stuffed apples for your next fall gathering!
These apples are spiced, roasted with sugar and butter and then stuffed with real caramels. The grand finale is a chocolate candy drizzle followed by chopped toffee candy bar crumbs.
- Bake with either green or red apples! I think BOTH are yummy so I’d just go with the type of apple your family would prefer or what you find on sale at the store.
- These Kraft wrapped caramel candies melted beautifully. And since they are individually wrapped, I asked my kids to unwrap them for me and then let them (and me!) enjoy a few as a thank you.
- I loved using this pumpkin pie spice on these baked apples complete with cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg. Learn how to make your own pumpkin spice blend HERE!
- The chocolate drizzle and toffee bar crumbs are optional but oh so yummy. Feel free to skip if you’re going for a little less sweetness. I think adding chopped nuts or another favorite candy bar would be great too!
Caramel Stuffed Baked Apples
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Roasted spiced apples get stuffed with caramel candies and drizzled with melted chocolate for a delicious fall treat!
- 3 apples
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 18 soft caramel candies
- 1/4 cup water
- optional: 1 chocolate candy bar for melted chocolate drizzle
- optional: 1 Heath candy bar for chopped topping
There’s nothing quite as comforting as the smell of baked apples!
My family loved this treat and I appreciated that it was easy to make and can be adapted to taste. It would be easy to double and make for a larger crowd too. Enjoy!