Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats – Only 3 Ingredients (Fun for St. Patrick’s Day)
If you’re looking for a super easy and fun St. Patrick’s Day dessert, try these yummy Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats! Whip them up in under 10 minutes, and all they require is three ingredients!
This recipe is so much fun to make for a classroom party, but I found adults love them as well! In fact, when these went to an office party, they were snapped up in seconds. That’s proof positive that adults love Lucky Charms and marshmallow treats as much as the kiddos!
Hip Tip: Keep an eye out for the fun Leprechaun Limited Edition cereal box! 🍀 They have extra shamrock marshmallows in them, but honestly, you can even go with a slightly cheaper bag of Malt-O-Meal Marshmallow Mateys for a similar effect. They’re going to be a hit either way, and no one has ever complained about the number of shamrocks in these treats!
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
yield: 18 SERVINGS
Fun way to change up your marshmallow treats with a St. Patrick's Day twist!
- 3 and 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal (reserve a few cereal marshmallows for top if desired)
- 3 tablespoons butter
Hip Tips: For best results:
- Use fresh marshmallows for this recipe.
- Don’t skimp on the marshmallows. More is always a little bit better.
- Resist the urge to cook the marshmallows and butter over higher heat. It may take a little longer at a slightly lower temperature, but you don’t want to burn everything.
- Store these for up to three days (assuming they last that long with hungry snackers around).
This recipe makes me want to shamrock and roll!
The kids can even help out with these, which makes them a fun family recipe to make together on a March afternoon. A friend of mine also has her Birthday on St. Patrick’s Day, and she prefers these treats to a regular Birthday cake. Isn’t that fun? You can even individually wrap each square in a fun, green plastic wrap for added flair for grab-and-go fun.