Here’s the Ultimate Peanut Butter Pie with Pretzel Crust to Try!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This creamy peanut butter pie with a homemade pretzel crust and chocolate chips on top is the best ever and it’s so simple to whip up!
Peanut butter fans will flip over this dessert idea!
Oh man… creamy peanut butter is one of my family’s favorite food groups! Today I’m sharing a delicious homemade peanut butter chocolate pie for an easy dessert idea that’s also super simple to make using just a few simple ingredients.
I have made this a couple of times for birthdays and special occasions, and it’s seriously a winner and crowd-pleaser!
This easy peanut butter pie is what dreams are made of!
Honestly, you’ll want to just eat the fluffy whipped cream cheese filling by itself! It turns out so rich and creamy with a delicious pretzel crust and mini chocolate chips on top. If you love a salty sweet peanut butter and pretzel combo, this pie is the way to go!
This peanut butter pie with cool whip never disappoints as an easy dessert!
I first discovered it on FoodNetwork.com by The Pioneer Woman and thought it was the best! I do make a few changes, such as using mini pretzels instead of Oreos for the crust. Either way tastes delicious, but I do love the pretzel crust more though! I also use a bit less sugar because the peanut butter and Cool Whip are pretty sweet on their own, and I like to add mini chocolate chips to the top.
All of these aspects can definitely be modified to suit your taste. If you’d prefer a gluten-free version opt for a gluten-free pretzel instead!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie with Pretzel Crust
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 6 MINUTES
total time: 21 MINUTES
Chocolate cookie crust with a rich, whipped cream cheese and peanut butter filling... oh my! Such a decadent pie all will love.
For the pretzel crust:
- 4 cups mini pretzels (about 1 1/4 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the pie filling:
Tips for making the best pretzel peanut butter pie:
- I enjoy the use of Cool Whip or Tru Whip here as I love the texture. You can also consider swapping it for a cup of homemade whipped cream.
- I crushed the cookies quickly in my little NutriBullet to make the chocolate cookie crumb crust, however, a food processor would work to make the crumbs as well!
- The original directions say to chill for an hour in the fridge. That consistency is rather soft like pudding and doesn’t really cut into slices. I actually like to freeze it for a few hour hours instead. You can then store it covered in the fridge for a few days and it will stay like a soft cheesecake.
- Feel free to make the crust using 25 crushed Oreos instead and no extra sugar. Below is how this peanut butter pie looks using Oreos!
Oh my gosh make this peanut butter pie ASAP!
It’s perfect for a birthday or to take to a BBQ, and everyone will LOVE it. I like simple ideas that turn out awesome, and my family is pretty obsessed with this pie. I actually made it the day before, stuck it in the freezer, and then let it thaw out for a bit on the counter to soften before serving – and it’s SO PERFECT!