Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Recipe
Looking for a homemade and portable snack this fall?
Try adding pumpkin puree and chocolate chips to a batch of homemade granola bars. It’s a brilliant combination of flavor! They are so yummy, very easy to make, and most importantly – your family will hopefully love them like mine did. In fact, these are definitely kid-approved and would be so great for lunch boxes or after school snacks!
The result is a perfectly sweetened, chewy, soft granola bar with mini chocolate chips and a subtle yet tasty pumpkin spice flavor!
Tips for baking perfect pumpkin chocolate chip granola bars:
- Here’s the key to making sure these bars don’t fall apart! You have to make them pretty thick and also press them down firmly into a 9×13 casserole dish using a metal spatula. Make sure they are about 3/4 inch – 1 inch thick. Notice I did not use the full length of the pan, more like 3/4 of it. The flaxseed is also important as a binding agent and do help the bars stay together.
- As far as sweeteners go, I used brown sugar and raw honey. Next time I may even try brown Swerve or granular monk fruit instead as a sugar substitute. These however are not overly sweet as written.
- My kitchen is usually warm enough for my coconut oil to be melted already, but if yours is solid, melt it first.
- I loved using Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips in these! If you want a good sugar-free recommendation, I tend to grab Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate chips often as they are yummy, too.
- Homemade granola bars can be stores in a covered container for up to 5-7 days.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
yield: 15 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
These simple granola bars are perfect for fall and turn out so chewy and delicious with a subtle pumpkin spice flavor along with chocolate chips!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (or more for sweeter bars)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
My kids loved these pumpkin granola bars as a special fall snack!
I enjoyed mine with a warm cup of coffee and oh my gosh – YUMMO! I loved that these were easy to make and called for simple pantry ingredients I usually have on hand.