DIRECTV Win: I Saved $240 w/ ONE 10-Minute Phone Call (AGAIN!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This is a MUST-READ if you’re a DIRECTV customer!
Hi everyone! It’s Bryn, Collin’s sister and sidekick. For the last 2 years in a row, I made calls to DIRECTV and saved myself $50-$60 per month for an ENTIRE year! 😱 And the best part, each of these phone calls literally took me less than ten minutes!
Fast forward to today, and Collin has bugged me almost daily to pick up the phone and call DIRECTV once again to see if I can secure similarly awesome offers. Truth be told, I was putting off this phone call as I just kept thinking there was no way this company was going to give me another discount again. But I was wrong…
My 10-minute call today just saved me $240!
So a $240 savings is not actually quite as exciting as the discounts I was offered in year’s past, but I am still thrilled to be saving over $200 annually for a service that I would be using regardless. And I am confident that some of you will receive much more substantial discounts after you make the call!
If you’ve been considering downgrading or canceling your DIRECTV service or you just want to discuss options to reduce costs on your account, follow these simple steps:
- First, dial DIRECTV customer service at 1-800-531-5000.
- State “cancel service” when you get to the menu options.
- When asked, be sure to state that you’re not moving (unless, of course, you’re in the middle of a move!). Your call will then be routed directly to the customer retention/loyalty department.
- Share with the customer service representative that you want to reduce your monthly bill and are looking for any special offers that may be available for your account.
- Within a few minutes, the representative will let you know if your account qualifies for additional savings!
I was offered a savings of $20 per month for the next 12 months! That’s a total savings of $240!
Have you tried this recently, either with DIRECTV or another provider?
If so, please let us know what you did and how it worked!
Want more ways to save?
Check out our 10-Week Financial Boot Camp! In this series, you’ll receive weekly emails featuring money-saving challenges, helpful tips, and even budget-friendly meal ideas to keep a little more cash in your pocket.