16 Boredom-Busting Fun and Frugal Summer Crafts & Projects
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Whether you need a break from the sun or need to entertain the kiddos, these summer DIYs are a great way to pass the time. Check out some favorites from Hip2Save and across the web!
1. Grow your own herbs in a DIY stacked garden.
Fresh mint, anyone? Get the DIY here on Hip2Save.
2. Make a planter that’s straight from the beach.
Photo from Billabong.
Why shell out cash when you can shell out shells for this cool coastal project? Get the DIY on the Billabong Blog.
3. Cool off with a soothing whipped coconut oil lotion.
Too much sun on your buns? This whipped salve is fun (and easy) to whip up! Get the DIY here on Hip2Save.
4. Create your own gorgeous sea glass from recyclables.
Photo from Sadie Seasongoods
Yes, please! Get the DIY on Sadie Seasongoods.
5. Display your favorite photos with this floral hoop Dollar Tree DIY.
I’d almost change my relationship status for Dollar Tree. Get the DIY here on Hip2Save.
6. Feeling knotty? Make these hanging lanterns in an afternoon.
Photo from Love Create Celebrate
Better yet, this craft is lit. Get the DIY on Love Create Celebrate.
7. Keep drinks nearby with this Dollar Store pool noodle cooler.
These fab floats help you keep your summer chill. Get the DIY here on Hip2Save.
8. Skip the campfire and cook s’mores over small planter pots.
Photo from Elisabeth McKnight
Mind. Legit. Blown. Get the DIY on Elisabeth McKnight’s blog.
9. “Grow” this zero-maintenance cactus garden.
My kind of garden! Get the DIY here on Hip2Save.
10. Macrame yourself the best seat in the house.
Photo from Hunker
#ChairGoals are happening with this DIY on Hunker.
11. Grab 3 ingredients and make these ginormous bubbles.
Bubbles for DAYS. Get the DIY here on Hip2Save.
12. Light up DIY citronella jar torches to keep bugs away.
Photo from Dream A Little Bigger
Get the pests to bug off with this DIY on Dream A Little Bigger.
13. Get artsy with homemade puffy sidewalk paint.
I don’t care how cool you think you are; when there’s puffy paint, we’re ALL in. Get the DIY here on Hip2Save.
14. Play games on the go by making a travel Tic Tac Toe set.
Photo from Balancing Home
This game? It rocks. Get the DIY on Balancing Home.
15. Deck out your door with a Dollar Tree moss wreath.
We’re all kinds of heart eyes for this wreath! Get the DIY on our sister site, Hip2BeHome.
16. Paint up a vibrant citrus tray for drinks and snacks.
Photo from I Heart Naptime
Pucker up and get the DIY on I Heart Naptime.