Is Amazon Prime Day Even Worth It?
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Amazon Prime Day is coming!
At Hip2Save, we love Amazon Prime Day. That said, we’re not ignoring the logic behind ditching at least certain aspects of it. Here are some reasons why Amazon Prime Day 2021 might not be totally worth it.
Amazon Prime Day is June 21st & 22nd, 2021.
1. Some things just shouldn’t be shopped for in June.
It’s important to know the best times to shop for items year-round. From food to baby products to home goods & even baking goods – there’s a science behind when to buy & stock up to get the best prices possible. Luckily for us, Amazon Prime Day is halfway to Christmas so you might be starting to plan for the bigger purchases we expect to see on mega sale this year, such as a new home security system or a smart TV!
On the flip side, this might mean we need to practice patience for the best deals closer to Black Friday on items we might be trying to score for Christmas. Typically, top wish list items like toys, clothing, and some electronics will have the most anticipated sales a month later this year. But only time will tell!
2. Target is also having a huge sale & it starts an entire day earlier than Amazon Prime Day.
Just like last year, Target will be rolling out the red carpet to host its Target Deal Days. Except this year, it’s not only coinciding with the same days as Amazon’s Prime Day, but Target’s sale is starting an entire day earlier on June 20th! Coincidence?… We think not!
Even more exciting… this year they’ll even be including food & beverages during Target Deal Days as well as bringing back favorite deals, such as discounts on beauty, personal care, toys, and so much more.
AND, don’t forget to mark your calendars for June 16th-19th, as Target will be offering 5% off Target eGift Cards in preparation for the Target Deal Days sale! Talk about some sweet savings!
Read more about Target Deal Days here (including more savings for RedCard holders)!
3. Walmart is running the biggest sale of all the large retailers.
This year, Walmart is not only following suit from last year but they’re trumping all the other retailers with their epic sales during the same exact time. Even bigger, it’s going to be twice as long & start even earlier than Amazon Prime Day. 😱 This really begs the question, “Is Amazon Prime Day actually worth it?”.
While we don’t have a full list of what will be on sale for Walmart Deals for Days, they’ve already leaked a few hot deals we’ve got our eyes on! #AmazonWho?
Check out these exciting Walmart Deals for Days deals (anticipated to go live around June 20th):
Little Tikes Tobi Robot Smartwatch
Just $24.50 (regularly $49)!
iHome Nova Auto Empty Mopping Robot
Just $299 shipped (regularly $599)!
Hisense 40″ Class FHD Roku Smart LED TV
Just $178 shipped (regularly $228)!
HP 11.6″ Chromebook 4GB RAM
Just $159 shipped (regularly $179)!
4. Walmart is even offering a FREE 15-day trial for new Walmart Plus memberships.
If it’s been a toss-up on which mega-retailer to commit to monthly, there’s never been a better time to try the all-new Walmart+ Membership program. With Walmart Deals for Days starting earlier and running longer than Amazon Prime Day, you can start saving even earlier and even more with all their awesome perks!
With a new Walmart+ membership, you’ll be able to take advantage of all these perks too:
- Free shipping on Walmart.com orders with NO minimum purchase.
- Unlimited FREE grocery delivery.
- Use Scan & Go in the Walmart app for faster in-store shopping (something Amazon can’t even offer).
- Receive discounts on fuel at nearly 2,000 gas stations, which couldn’t be better with prices rising weekly.
5. You might end up buying just for the sake of buying.
We’ve all been there… you see a deal you just can’t pass up, but just because something’s on sale doesn’t mean you need it now – like this super large bag of cereal marshmallow bits. 😉 Instead, you could be saving up for a bigger splurge, padding an upcoming holiday or birthday budget, or just socking it away in a rainy day fund instead.
6. No matter if you plan to shop Prime Day or not, we’ll be texting the best deals of all!
Speaking of all these great sales, if you haven’t been texting with Collin yet, you need to get her number! We’ll be covering all of these huge events including Target Deal Days, Amazon Prime Day, Walmart Deals for Days, and basically whenever we find the hottest deals ever!
By simply texting “HOT” to (775) 204-0125, Collin will know to text you whenever a can’t-miss-it deal pops up. Plus, she doesn’t quit after big sale events… so all the more reason to shop even after Prime Day is over. 😏
Still planning to join us on Amazon Prime Day? Here are our best Amazon Prime Day shopping tips!
- Make sure to score more than $80 in FREE Amazon credit to use on Prime Day purchases! They’re all super easy & you can use them during the sale!
- Start building your wishlist before the deals go live to have discounts automatically applied.
- Bookmark our Amazon deals page so you don’t miss any of their best deals this year!
Take me to the best Amazon Prime deals now!