Is Amazon Prime Day Even Worth It? Here Are 3 Major Reasons You May Want to Skip the “Deals”
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
At Hip2Save, we love Amazon Prime Day. That said, we’re not ignoring the logic behind ditching at least certain aspects of it. Here are some reasons why Amazon Prime Day 2019 might not be totally worth it if you’re really looking for the best deals.
1. Some things just shouldn’t be shopped mid-July.
Practice patience for the best deals. Big buys like grills and large appliances are the most deeply discounted around Labor Day. Toys and Apple products go on sale closer to Black Friday and Christmas. And even though the back-to-school deals will be upon us before we know it, waiting until the end of July to stock up will save you about 10% more than purchasing now.
2. Competitors are giving Amazon a run for their money (well, your money).
Target Deal Days just so happen to fall on July 15th & 16th. Do those particular dates ring a bell (*cough* they’re the same as Amazon Prime Day *cough*)? We expect to see discounts on items that rarely go on sale, exclusive home products, apparel, and toys, with new deals each day.
Walmart plans to release thousands of “special buys” and “rollbacks” between July 14th and 17th, valid online only. They’ve also recently launched NextDay shipping on orders over $35 (and you don’t even need a membership). Score!
eBay is already offering great deals on electronics, home items, apparel, and more. Like always, these deals will be open to everyone (no membership required), and most orders will ship free! Then on the 15th of this month, we’ll see up to a whopping 80% off brands like Apple, Dyson, Samsung, and Garmin.
3. You’re buying just for the sake of buying.
Just because something’s on sale doesn’t mean you need it now – like this super large bag of cereal marshmallow bits. And be honest, are these Sonic the Hedgehog 12 Latex Balloons something you really want to spend $3,000+ on (well, maybe they’ll dip to just $2,000 on Prime Day)? 😱 You could be saving up for a bigger splurge, padding your holiday budget, or just socking it away in a rainy day fund.
Unless you’re in serious need of a robo-vacuum or another product featured as an Amazon Prime Day deal, you’re better off planning your purchases wisely. Although, the bulk bag of Cereal marshmallow bits sure is tempting… 😉
If you do decide to shop the sale, here are Hip2Save shopping tips:
- Sign up for Amazon Prime now for exclusive access to Prime Day info, upcoming deals, and awesome membership benefits.
- Learn what’s new for Prime Day 2019.
- Check out innovative launch products and sneak peek deals.
- Start building your wishlist before the deals go live to have discounts automatically applied.
- Score up to $75 in FREE Amazon credit to use on Prime Day purchases.
- Bookmark our Amazon deals page so you don’t miss any of the Prime Day deals!