Is Amazon Prime Day Even Worth It? These 6 Reasons May Sway You…
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Read to find out if shopping on Amazon Prime Day is worth it or not.
Amazon Prime Day is coming! 📦
At Hip2Save, we love Amazon Prime Day. That said, we’re not ignoring the logic behind ditching at least certain aspects of it. Here are some reasons why Amazon Prime Day 2022 might not be totally worth it.
Amazon Prime Day is July 12th and 13th, 2022.
1. Some things just shouldn’t be shopped for in July.
It’s important to know the best times to shop for items year-round. From food to baby products to home goods & even baking goods – there’s a science behind when to buy and stock up to get the best prices possible.
Luckily for us, Amazon Prime Day is just about halfway to Christmas so you might be starting to plan for the bigger purchases we expect to see mega sales on this year, such as up to 55% OFF Amazon devices or as much as 50% OFF smart TVs!
On the flip side, this might mean we need to practice patience for the best deals closer to Black Friday on items we might be trying to score for Christmas. Typically, top wish list items like toys, clothing, and some electronics will have the most anticipated sales a month later this year. But only time will tell!
2. Target is also having a huge sale and it starts an entire day before Amazon Prime Day.
Once again, Target will be rolling out the red carpet to host its Target Deal Days. Just like last year, it’s not only coinciding with the same days as Amazon’s Prime Day, but Target’s sale is starting an entire day earlier on July 11th! Coincidence?… definitely not! 😱
Be on the lookout for these savings during Target’s special event:
- FREE $10 Target Gift Card when you spend $50 on food and beverage and opt for same-day services
- Save up to $70 on Apple products
- Up to 50% OFF select top tech and headphones
- 25% OFF beauty
- Up to 30% OFF home items
- 50% OFF select apparel and accessories for the family
- Up to 50% OFF hundreds of toys
- Up to 40% OFF kitchen appliances
- Up to 35% OFF floor care products
Read more about Target Deal Days (including more savings for RedCard holders)!
3. Walmart may possibly run its biggest sale of all during Prime Day too.
In previous years, Walmart has trumped all the other retailers with their epic sales during the same exact time. In fact, last year their sale was twice as long and started even earlier than Amazon Prime Day. 😱
While there’s currently no news of a 2022 Walmart Deals for Days saving event, we’re holding our breath for the news to hit feeds soon. 🙌🏻
This begs the question…will Amazon Prime Day really be worth it after all? Again, only time will tell, friends!
4. Walmart currently has plenty of Walmart+ perks to take advantage of even if you’re already an existing customer.
Last year during Walmart’s saving event, they were offering an enticing FREE 15-day trial for new Walmart+ members. However, right now you can actually score a FREE 30-DAY trial with Walmart+. That means you can sign up now and enjoy all of the amazing perks while shopping even during Amazon Prime Day…and fingers crossed there will be Walmart Deals for Days savings to come. 🙏🏻
As a member, one of the most exciting and newest perks to take advantage of is their discounts on fuel at over 16,000 gas stations! Head over to our Walmart+ Membership Perks page to find out more and learn about the other perks they’re offering.
As an added benefit as an American Express Platinum cardholder, you can score a FREE Walmart Plus monthly membership in the form of a $12.95 statement credit when you use your card as the payment method on your W+ account.
Note that this offer is available to new and existing Walmart Plus members however, it cannot be applied if you have already paid for an annual membership.
5. You might end up buying just for the sake of buying.
We’ve all been there… you see a deal you just can’t pass up, but just because something’s on sale doesn’t mean you need it now – like this super large bag of cereal marshmallow bits. 😉 Instead, you could be saving up for a bigger splurge, padding an upcoming holiday or birthday budget, or just socking it away in a rainy day fund instead.
The good news though, we’re weeding out the bad deals and already sharing some hot ones if you’re planning to participate in this year’s Amazon Prime Day shopping event!
6. No matter if you plan to shop Prime Day or not, we’ll be texting the best deals of all!
We’ll be covering all of these huge events from Target Deal Days to Amazon Prime Day and basically every other hot deal we come across so if you haven’t been texting with Collin yet, there’s no better time than now!
Be sure to sign up for text alerts to get all the hottest deals and freebies!
Collin will know to text you whenever a can’t-miss-it deal pops up. Plus, she doesn’t quit after big sale events… so all the more reason to shop even after Prime Day is over. 😏
Still planning to join us on Amazon Prime Day? Here are our best Amazon Prime Day shopping tips!
- Score more than $200 in FREE Amazon credit to use on Prime Day purchases! They’re all super easy and you can use them during the sale!
- Start building your wishlist before the deals go live to have discounts automatically applied.
- Bookmark our Amazon deals page so you don’t miss any of their best deals this year!
Psst…we’ve already posted EARLY Amazon Prime deals! 🤩