Get the Family Chatting Together Using our FREE Printable Dinner Conversation Starter Cards!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Let’s encourage family discussions with this easy DIY project! ❤️
Today I’m sharing some fun and free printable dinner conversation starter cards that you can keep near the kitchen table to get your family sharing and bonding. All you have to do is cut out these conversation prompts and place them in a box, jar, or container to store nearby. I’ve even included some blank cards for you to write customized questions on your own too!
Personally, my kids are getting older and will often head back to their rooms after dinner pretty quickly 😂 and I am loving this idea of picking a question or two to discuss at dinner to make this time well spent and special. We are honestly having some pandemic fatigue I think, and my teens are kinda sick of us. HAHA! Maybe you can relate?
I like this idea to talk about some new ideas and share things we maybe never thought of before.
Tips for making & having a great time with these dinner conversation starter cards:
- Print the cards on white heavy cardstock paper so they are more likely to last longer without ripping.
- Consider having your conversation cards laminated if using at the table so you can wipe off food/drinks.
- Use scissors or a paper trimmer for straighter cuts. I LOVE my Cricut brand paper trimmer, as it’s so easy to use!
DIY Conversation Card BoxPrint
Curious what conversation starters are on these cards? Here’s the full list:
- If you could interview anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you ask?
- What does the perfect day look like to you?
- What place do you want to travel to most and why?
- If you could achieve one large goal in life, what would it be?
- What movie could you watch multiple times and why?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever had happen?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you could take only 3 items on a deserted island, what would they be?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
- Name 3 things you are most proud of.
- What is your favorite food of all time and why?
- What 3 things are you most grateful for today?
- Name some random acts of kindness ideas we could accomplish.
- Who was your favorite teacher of all time and why?
- What is your dream job/career and why?
- What do you love most about the person to the left of you?
Talking to my kids is the best part of my day, so I love these conversation starter cards!
We usually discuss the highs/lows of our day, but I love how these topics can spark some other fun conversations. I also think most of these could be great conversation starters for friends or any group. You could also come up with your own questions and cater it for other occasions, or even use these as questions to ask on family Zoom calls!