With over 9,600 locations nationwide, CVS Pharmacy is the largest pharmacy chain in the United States. Save money with CVS ExtraCare rewards, as well as coupons and deals from BOGOs, and promo codes. Besides saving on prescriptions, you can score in-store and online deals on everything from photos to contact lenses, cosmetics, fragrances, haircare, health care, and skin care products.
Here are 20 insider shopping tips for saving money at CVS.
Before you go to CVS:
- Know the CVS Corporate Coupon Policy. One of the most important things savvy CVS shoppers must do is familiarize yourself with the CVS Coupon Policy. I even recommend you print a copy of this policy and bring it with you while you shop--just to help clear things up.
- Become a CVS Member. When you sign up in-store, you’ll get the card immediately. When you apply online, you’ll receive a temporary, printable card, and your permanent card will arrive by mail in approximately two weeks.
- Create an online account. Sign up for a CVS.com account, and attach your ExtraCare Card to your account and view your ExtraCare rewards, print ExtraBucks Rewards & coupons, and score online features. Shopping online? Redeem select ExtraBucks Rewards by clicking on the coupon description on the ExtraCare Rewards page to activate it. For more tips, skip right to Tip #2!
- Sign up for the ExtraCare Beauty Club. When you sign up for the CVS Beauty Club, you score a FREE $5 ExtraBucks Reward for every $50 you spend on qualifying beauty purchases! You’ll also get a 10% off Beauty Shopping pass after enrolling, a $3 ExtraBuck on your Birthday, exclusive coupons, and more! Read more about the CVS Beauty Club.
- Download the CVS mobile app and get rewarded. Text “App” to CVS-APP (287-277) to download the FREE myCVS Mobile App on your smartphone to scan and save your CVS ExtraCare card at checkout, request a prescription refill, view the myWeekly Ad, access app-only deals, and more right from your mobile device. Plus, you’ll get an ExtraBucks Rewards when you download the mobile app and link your ExtraCare card the first time!
- Sign Up for CVS Emails. Score exclusive store coupons that can be used before any manufacturer coupons to lower your out-of-pocket expense (these are usually $3 off $15, $4 off $20, $5 off $25 purchase store coupons). Make sure to sign up for email updates when you register for your Extra Care card, and you just may get one of these coupons in your inbox soon!
- Sign up for Pharmacy & Health Rewards. For every 10 “credits” earned for things like prescription purchases, refills, flu shots, refill reminder emails, and text notifications, you’ll score a $5 ExtraBucks Rewards good on most items in the store. Skip To Tip #20 for exclusions.
- Check Your myWeekly Ad Online. The CVS myWeekly Ad highlights current sales on the products you purchase frequently, so it varies from person to person. Your personalized version of myWeekly Ad is based on your purchase history and is organized so you can easily find the things you actually use.
- Join the CVS Advisor Panel. Volunteer to take surveys and offer opinions, and, in return, you’ll often get rewarded with ExtraBucks Rewards! Just sign up and take the brief registration survey (don’t forget to click the confirmation link in your email).
Once you get to CVS:
- Visit the ExtraCare Coupon Center. Before you shop, scan your CVS card (or enter your phone number) at the red ExtraCare Coupon Center (usually at the front of the store). The Coupon Center prints coupons from the weekly ad, but it also prints personalized coupons. Read more about the ExtraCare Rewards Program.
- Use the 98% rule with ExtraBucks Reward Deals. Every week, CVS releases new promotions where you can earn ExtraBucks Rewards (which are almost like cash or store credit) for making a qualifying purchase. You generally only need to reach 98% in order for the ExtraBucks to print!
- Look for unadvertised ExtraBucks deals. Occasionally, CVS has “hidden” deals that print out unadvertised ExtraBucks Rewards. For instance, this previous Scope Mouthwash was printing a $3 ExtraBuck, making for super cheap mouthwash!
- Watch for yellow clearance tags. Check the aisles for the yellow 75% off clearance tags to pair with store and manufacturer coupons for possible free deals! (For details & exclusions, see Tip #14!)
- Out of stock? Get a raincheck! If the shelves are empty, ask for a raincheck (they never expire)! Plus, if you have a CVS store coupon you want to use, the raincheck will extend the CVS store coupon’s expiration date!
- Stack CVS Coupons with Manufacturer’s Coupons. One of the best things about CVS is they let you stack CVS coupons with manufacturer’s coupons on the same item (print some CVS coupons here)! Read for examples here!
- Roll ExtraBucks Rewards. This means you can buy new ExtraBuck deals on a regular basis while using or “rolling” the ExtraBucks earned from previous weeks to purchase them (and possibly make money – especially if you stack the deals with coupons).
Ongoing CVS benefits:
- Know the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. All CVS/Pharmacy Brand products (and cosmetics) are 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. If you’re dissatisfied for ANY reason, return the product (opened or unopened) and your receipt/invoice to any CVS/pharmacy store. For exclusions, skip to Tip #17!
- Take advantage of free photo offers. Several times a year, CVS Photo offers completely FREE 8×10 Photo Prints – and you can choose in-store pickup to bypass any shipping charges! Great time to print your photos!
- Fill prescriptions at Target and get rewards. Because CVS Health owns Target’s Pharmacy, the ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards program gives you a $5 Target merchandise coupon OR a $5 ExtraBucks Reward when you earn 10 credits. Skip to Tip #21 for more!
- Get free health screening every fall and earn $5 ECB (ExtraCare Bucks). Each Fall, CVS Pharmacy offers FREE Health Screening events. For completing a health screening, you’ll receive a FREE Tote Bag and $5 CVS store coupon valid on CVS Pharmacy exclusive brand products!
More ways to Save at CVS Pharmacy:
Page 1 of 187