The 16 Best Places to Buy Pre-Made Christmas Dinner This Year
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Get Christmas day dinner to go from these restaurants & retailers, and enjoy more family time this year!
If you’re hoping to spend less time in the kitchen this Christmas and more time gathered around the tree with your family, consider treating yourself to a ready-made Christmas dinner instead of doing all that cooking!
There are many restaurants, grocers, and online retailers that are selling fully-cooked holiday dinners so you can just sit down to a delicious meal with the rest of your family. All you need to do in most cases is just turn on your oven, heat, and eat! It doesn’t get any easier than that, and we’re all for keeping it simple this holiday season. 🙌
Here are the restaurants and retailers offering Christmas day dinner to go in 2020:
1. Pre-order a Holiday Dinner from Albertson’s.
If you live near an Albertson’s, you can let one of their chefs prepare a Holiday Dinner for you including an entrée and all the sides, dressings, and condiments. Albertson’s holiday meals come cold, fully-cooked, and ready to heat.
To order, simply call or visit your local store and then schedule a pickup. When it’s time to pick up your meal (on or after December 14), you can pay in-store. Holiday dinners start at $52.99, and you can add on an extra side kit for an additional $29.99.
Here’s what you’ll get with Albertson’s Spiral Cut Ham Holiday Dinner for 8-10 ($67.99):
- Spiral Sliced Ham
- Cornbread Dressing
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberry Relish
- Giblet Gravy
- 1 Dozen Rolls
Albertson’s Side Dish Kit ($29.99) includes the following:
- 4 lbs. Cornbread Dressing
- 2.5 lbs. Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb. Cranberry Relish
- 30 oz. Giblet Gravy
2. Bring home a Farmhouse Feast from Bob Evans.
The Bob Evans signature Farmhouse Feast comes with everything you’ll need to serve up a traditional Christmas dinner. These meals feed up to 4 people for $54.99 or 8 people for $84.99. You can even customize your feast with additional bakery treats and extra sides if desired.
All you’ll have to do is heat your meal, and even that is fool-proof! Step-by-step directions are included so everything will be done perfectly at the same time.
Here’s what’s included in the Bob Evans Farmhouse Ham Feast for 4 ($54.99):
- Hickory-Smoked Ham
- Bread & Celery Dressing
- Buttered corn
- Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
- Green Beans
- Freshly-Baked Rolls
- Pumpkin Pie
3. Order Holiday Home Delivery from Boston Market.
This year, Boston Market is offering a variety of complete holiday meals shipped directly to your door. They arrive frozen and ready for you to thaw, heat, and serve! If you live close enough to a Boston Market location to pick up your order, you’ll be able to skip the $25 shipping charge by ordering your heat-and-serve holiday dinner to go!
Here’s what comes in Boston Market’s Essential Boneless Ham Dinner For 4-6 ($89.99):
- Half Boneless Honey-Glazed Ham (3.5-4.5 lbs.)
- Mashed Potatoes (1 pkg – 32 oz.)
- Gravy (1 pkg – 24 oz.)
- Home Style Stuffing (1 pkg – 22 oz.)
- Dinner Rolls (1 bags – 6 total)
4. Pick up a “Cakemas” Dinner with a Cake Boss package from Buca di Beppo.
Buca di Beppo is partnering with Cake Boss Buddy Valastro to celebrate Christmas 2020 with a Holiday Cake Boss Package! It comes with salad, pasta, an entrée, and a festive holiday cake from Carlo’s Bakery. Priced at $95, Buca’s Cake Boss Package feeds 5 and can be ordered now for pick up, curbside, or delivery.
If you’re looking to stay out of the kitchen altogether, Buca opens at 11 AM on Christmas Day for both dine-in (where available) and takeout. You can make your reservations or order ahead today!
Here’s what you’ll get in Buca di Beppo’s Holiday Cake Boss Package for 5 ($95):
- Choice of Mixed Green or Caesar Salad
- Choice of Pasta (Spaghetti Marinara, Fettuccine Alfredo, Penne alla Vodka, or Baked Ziti)
- Choice of Entrée (Chicken Parmigiana, Chicken Limone, or Eggplant Parmigiana)
- A 6-inch layered cake filled and covered with silky sweet vanilla Italian buttercream icing and adorned with red, white, and green sprinkles
5. Order a meal-delivery kit from Costco.
Costco is partnering with Schwann’s and Rastelli’s to bring its members holiday meal delivery kits. Starting at $89.99, you can have a complete, easy-to-make holiday meal for 8 delivered right to your doorstep on the day of your choice.
Note that these kits are packed in dry ice and will only ship Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday delivery. Orders placed after 12 PM local time on Wednesday will ship the following Monday.
Here’s what’s included in the Schwann’s Spiral Ham Dinner for 8 from Costco ($89.99):
- 8.5 lb. Fully Cooked Spiral-Sliced Bone-In Ham
- 2 lbs. Roasted Baby Bakers
- 18 Southern-Style Biscuits
- 36 oz. Super-Sweet Corn
- 36 oz. MicroSteam Whole Green Beans
- 25.5 oz. Chocolate Crème Pie
- 56 fl. oz. Classic Vanilla Ice Cream
6. Grab a Holiday Heat n’ Serve Meal from Cracker Barrel.
The Holiday Heat & Serve Meal from Cracker Barrel comes with Spiral-Sliced Sugar Cured Ham and all the traditional holiday fixings. For $69.99, the Family Dinner serves 4-6, or you can feed 8-10 with the Heat n’ Serve Feast for $139.99. Both of these meals are available to customize now and can be picked up December 21 – 28 (with the exception of Christmas Day, when Cracker Barrel is closed).
For a limited time, you’ll also receive a Bonus Card (valid 1/1/21 – 2/28/21) when you schedule your meal pickup for December 22 or 23. You’ll get a $5 Bonus Card with the Family Dinner and a $10 Bonus Card with the Heat n’ Serve Feast. Note that 24-hour notice is required for orders. The Heat n’ Serve Meals come chilled and require about 3 hours to heat.
Here’s what’s included in Cracker Barrel’s Holiday Heat n’ Serve Family Dinner for 4-6 ($69.99):
- Spiral Sliced Sugar Cured Ham
- Cornbread Dressing
- Roasted Gravy
- Cranberry Relish
- Choice of 2 Country Sides (each serves 4-6)
- Sweet Yeast Rolls
7. Serve an affordable Christmas dinner from Fred Meyer.
Fred Meyer grocery stores are offering Home Chef holiday meal bundles for in-store pick-up now through December 24. Holiday Meal items are precooked then refrigerated and are ready to heat and eat. Selections include customizable ham and turkey dinners that can feed anywhere from four to eight people.
Here’s what comes in the Fred Meyer Boneless Ham Meal for 4-6 ($55):
- 3.5-4.5 lb Boneless Ham
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Souffle
- Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey Gravy
- 12 ct Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- Traditional Stuffing
- Pumpkin Pie
8. Order a Holiday Hosting Box from Hello Fresh.
This year, Hello Fresh is offering Holiday Hosting Boxes that you can customize with your choice of entrée: Pan Seared Beef Tenderloin with a Cherry Balsamic Sauce ($22.50/person) or Roast Turkey with Herb Butter and Garlic & Turkey Jus ($16/person). Just head on over here, select an entrée, and choose your delivery date! Keep in mind that turkeys arrive frozen and require four days to thaw.
Here’s what you’ll get in the Hello Fresh Turkey + Side Box for 8-10 ($168.98):
- Roast Turkey with Herb Butter & Garlic
- Truffled Mashed Potatoes with Garlic & Sour Cream
- Turkey Jus with Thyme & Rosemary
- Orange & Ginger Glazed Carrots with Salted Brown Butter Pecans
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Rosemary Brie Crostini with a Duo of Jams
- Tangy Apple Cranberry Compote with Balsamic Vinegar
9. Feed the whole family with Christmas dinner from Honey Baked Ham.
Honey Baked Ham has a good selection of pre-bundled meals that the whole family will enjoy. You can also create your own bundle by selecting the protein of your choice and pairing it with any combination of starters, sides, and desserts. Honey Baked Ham’s family meals start at $50.95 and serve anywhere from 6 to 15 people.
Here’s what comes in Honey Baked Ham’s Signature Selection for 12-15 ($122.95):
- Honey Baked Half Ham (8 lbs.)
- Honey Baked Turkey Breast (2.5 lbs.)
- Green Bean Casserole (24 oz) – with mushrooms and red peppers, tossed in a cream sauce, topped with crispy fried onions.
- Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin (19 oz) – sliced gold potatoes smothered in a rich and creamy cheddar cheese sauce
10. Order a holiday brunch or dinner HyVee.
HyVee grocery stores are offering a wide array of holiday meals that serve anywhere from two to 12 people, and we’re not just talking about dinner, either! HyVee is one of the few places where you can also pick up a heat-and-eat brunch for 2-6 people, starting at just $21.99! HyVee’s holiday dinner options include ham, turkey, prime rib, and surf and turf, and start at just $29.99!
Here’s what you’ll get in HyVee’s Ham or Turkey Dinner for 4 ($49.99):
- sliced pit ham (2.5-2.75 lbs.) or boneless turkey breast (2.5-2.75 lbs.)
- one large side of mashed potatoes or au gratin potatoes
- two additional large sides or desserts
- choice of beef or turkey gravy (16 oz.)
- four dinner rolls
11. Pick up a holiday feast from Marie Callender’s.
Marie Callender’s is offering six different types of holiday feasts to choose from, so there’s one for every family celebration! Whether you’re looking for a traditional ham or turkey dinner or if you want to splurge on a Prime Rib feast, they’ve got something for everyone. Marie’s holiday feasts available for pre-order now and can be picked up on your desired date, including on Christmas Day (after 11 AM).
Your pre-made dinner requires about 3 hours of cook time, but there’s zero prep on your end – just pop it in the oven! Their Classic Ham Feast serves either 4-6 people for $134.99 with the option to add sides and legendary holiday treats for an additional cost.
If you’d like to leave the oven off on Christmas Day, most Marie Callender’s locations will open at 11 AM on December 25 for takeout, delivery, and dine-in (where available). Participation may vary by location, so visit your nearest Marie Callender’s for details.
Here’s what’s included in Marie Callender’s Classic Ham Feast for 4-6 ($134.99):
- Bone-in spiral cut quarter ham with chipotle-pineapple glaze topping
- Apple-Sage Stuffing
- Fire-Roasted Yams (with cranberry streusel topping)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Fresh Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey Gravy
- Chef’s Vegetables
- Fresh Baked Cornbread
- Whole Pumpkin or Apple Pie
12. Order a Complete Holiday Dinner from Omaha Steaks.
This year, Omaha Steaks is offering Complete Holiday Dinners featuring everything from prime rib to surf and turf to traditional ham. The company’s Holiday Spiral-Sliced Ham Feast feeds 12 for $169.99 and features a ham sweetened with glaze and aromatic with spices, two gourmet sides, warm baguettes, and a decadent dessert.
Shipping is free and your meal will arrive in 3-5 business days (or less) from the day you place your order. If you’re thinking about ordering Christmas dinner from Omaha Steaks, don’t wait! Their Thanksgiving meals sold out early this year.
Here’s what you’ll get in Omaha Steaks’ Holiday Spiral-Sliced Ham Feast for 12 ($169.99):
- one 8 lb Spiral Sliced Ham
- four 12-oz. packages Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- two 22-oz. Steakhouse Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
- one 40-oz. Gourmet Cheesecake Sampler
- eight 3-oz. Mini Baguettes with Garlic Butter
For a limited time, get $25 off your order of $159 or more when you sign up for emails from Omaha Steaks!
13. Get a fully-cooked holiday dinner from the Publix deli.
Starting at just $55, you can swing by the deli at your local Publix and pick up a fully-cooked, ready to heat-and-eat holiday dinner. These meals serve 7-10 people and require 48 hours notice when ordering. Heating instructions are included with your meal, which may take up to 90 minutes to fully heat.
Here’s what comes in the Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Ham Dinner for 7-10 ($54.99):
- One 4.5 to 5.5 lb. Boar’s Head Boneless Sweet Slice Ham
- 2 ¼ lb. Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 lb. Green Bean Casserole
- 28 oz. of Marshmallow Delight
14. ShopRite’s Holiday Turkey Dinner feeds 8-10 for just $59.99.
If you’ve got your heart (and your belly) set on an affordable family feast and you live near a ShopRite, you can score a Holiday Turkey Dinner for 8-10 for just $59.99 with your Price Plus card! For as little as just $6 per person, all you have to do is thaw, heat, and eat!
Just be sure to place your order 72 hours in advance and allow about 48 hours to defrost your Holiday Dinner in the refrigerator before it goes into the oven.
Here’s what’s included in ShopRite’s Holiday Turkey Dinner for 8-10 ($59.99):
- Grade A Premium Butterball Turkey, Fully Cooked, 10 – 12lb
- 3 lb Mashed Potatoes
- 2.5 lb Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lb Holiday Stuffing
- 2 lb Green Bean Casserole
- 2 lb Turkey Gravy
15. Order your Holiday Dinner from Safeway.
Let Safeway handle the cooking on Christmas and order a prepared Holiday Dinner complete with all the sides. There are several options to choose from including turkey, ham, prime rib, and turkey breast dinner. Safeway’s holiday meals must be ordered ahead of time, so stop by your local store deli or call 1-888-358-7328 to place your order.
Here’s what’s included with Safeway’s Spiral Sliced Ham Dinner for 8-10 ($69.99):
- 7 – 8 lb. fully-cooked spiral sliced ham
- 32 oz. scalloped potatoes
- 30 oz. green bean casserole
- 16 oz. spiced apples
- 12 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
16. Order a classic holiday dinner from Whole Foods.
You can now reserve a premade holiday dinner online for easy pickup in-store at any Whole Foods. Just reheat your meal, pour the wine, and enjoy!
Whole Foods’ Holiday Meals feature classic dinner packages along with the option to order additional sides and desserts a la carte if you choose.
Here’s what you’ll get in Whole Foods’ Classic Roast Turkey Breast Dinner for 4 ($69.99):
- Salt and Pepper Roasted Turkey Breast
- Green Beans with Roasted Shallots
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Traditional Herb Stuffing
- Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
Now’s a great time to stock up on gift cards… check out this year’s best holiday gift card deals.