How to Save OVER $500 With a FREE 6-Month Amazon Student Membership
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Students, this FREE membership is your ticket to TONS of perks!
Amazon Prime is currently offering FREE 6-month memberships to students with a valid .edu email address. To sign up, head to the Amazon Prime Student page and specify your college, year, and major—so simple for the wealth of benefits that await you!
Better yet, you’ll have your membership in time to scoop up the hot Amazon Prime Day Deals starting on July 15th! Keep reading for even more ways to save $500 (or more) when you sign up for a free 6-month Amazon student account!
1. Save $165 in shipping with unlimited fast and free delivery.
Not only do you get quick 2-day, 1-day, same-day, and 2-hour (exclusively for Prime Now orders) shipping speeds, you can skip the stores on release day with free release-date delivery on eligible pre-order video games, movies, and more.
- Average cost of 2-day UPS Ground shipping for a 1 lb. package: $9.18
Potential savings: When you order 3 packages/month during your 6-month membership, that’s a savings of $165.24.
2. Stream $77 worth of highly-rated movies and TV when you ditch Netflix.
Get instant access to movies and TV shows at no additional cost with thousands of titles to choose from. Stream what you love on select smart TVs, Roku, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, iPhones, tablets, and Android devices. You can even download to your device and watch offline.
- Monthly cost of Netflix: $12.99
Potential savings: To have a video streaming service for 6-months, you would end up paying $77.94.
3. Save $105 on exclusive laptop deals, snacks, and video games.
Prime Student works with hundreds of vendors to offer great deals from laptops and video games to study snacks and office supplies.
- Average 6-month spend of an Amazon Prime member: $700
Potential savings: If the exclusive deal savings for Amazon Student is even a mere 15%, in 6 months you could save $105.
4. Get $103 in free ebooks, digital magazines, and comics.
Gain unlimited access to over a thousand books, current issue magazines, books with Audible narration, comics, Kindle Singles, and more that can be streamed from your phone, tablet, or Kindle.
- Average cost of a new book: $17.20
Potential savings: Buying a new book each month over a 6-month period would cost $103.20.
5. Save $35 in cloud-storage costs to store as much as you want.
Prime Photo lets you securely save as many photos as you like and see them on your phone, computer, or tablet. You can even share this Prime benefit and give free photo storage to up to five family members or friends.
- Monthly cost of SmugMug photo storage: $5.99
Potential savings: Using unlimited photo storage from Amazon Student for 6 months saves $35.94.
6. Shop 30 minutes before everyone else to save up to $45.
Shop the sales 30 minutes before anyone else with exclusive access to the hottest Lightning deals on tech, fashion, and everyday essentials. They go quick – and once they’re gone, it’s for good!
- Average savings on Lightning deals: 30%, item prices vary.
Potential savings: Score one Lightning deal a month (before they sell out) regularly priced at $25, for a 6-months savings of $45!