Rite Aid: Load2Card is Now Live (Instantly Save w/ Your Wellness Card)

As I mentioned last month, Rite Aid is making some changes to their current Wellness program for 2012 (read more about this here). In addition, Rite Aid is introducing a new coupon management tool called Load2Card.

Load2Card allows members to save, manage and redeem Rite Aid and manufacturer coupons available throughout the internet via their wellness+ card. Every week, members will have the opportunity to load an average of more than $100 in savings directly to their wellness+ card. The coupon savings will automatically be deducted from applicable purchases when customers scan their wellness+ card at checkout.

Here’s what you need to do to enroll in this new program…

* Head over here to sign up, activate or login to Load2Card through your wellness+ account

* Once you sign in to you Wellness account, you will be directed to several pages of coupons (these will be a combination of manufacturer’s coupons and coupons for Rite Aid products). To add a coupon to your wellness+ card, click the “clip” button. The coupon will automatically be added to your card within minutes for you to redeem at Rite Aid.

* To redeem your coupons, scan your wellness+ card at checkout. The register will automatically recognize if you’ve loaded coupons for the items you’re buying…and print the savings right on your receipt.

* Click here for more information

Please note that I have not made any trips to Rite Aid today to personally test this new program; however, I am assuming that the register will not allow you to use both a paper manufacturer’s coupon AND an identical coupon loaded onto your Wellness card for the purchase of one product. As most of you already know, you can only use one manufacturer’s coupon per item purchased.

If you have a had chance to take advantage of this program at your local Rite Aid today, let me know what you think!

(Thanks, Coupon Verve!)

• Billie Zinke says:

I can’t wait to utilize this new feature. No more printing Rite Aid coupons. :)

• Jo says:

I work for Rite-Aid and I am excited to see this program rolling out… It will be great for not only our customers but for us employees also.. I hope you all enjoy the rewards!!!!

• Ashley says:

I can’t get the website to load. Hmmmph.

• Ashley says:

I can’t seem to get the page to load.

• Kristy says:

I soo miss my Rite Aid and this makes me miss them even more! I have a Rite Aid/Save A Lot and the deals are HORRIBLE. The ones who can do this- ENJOY! =)

• Brandie says:

I just tried logging in and for some reason the site wont load? Is anyone else having issues logging in?

• Jill says:

I honestly perfer paper coupons cause I can never remember what q’s are on what card between every store card nowadays…

• Brenda says:

I tend to agree with you, Jill, but there are options to print, save or email your list of coupons if that will help you out!

• kcole78 says:

Looks like site may be experiencing high traffic? Anyone else having any problems getting started with the new feature? Thanks and Happy New Year Everyone! :)

• katie says:

am i the only one having problems loading the site?

• Jill says:

The site isn’t loading for me either. I like the idea of load to cards but this is the first step in eliminating paper coupons and limiting the amount of coupons you can use. This will make stockpiling more difficult if not impossible.

• nephthys says:

So people know you HAVE to have your card with you in order to redeem the coupons. The coupons will not be taken off of your order if you give them your phone number. Also, there will be a function on the register that will allow the cashier to check what coupons you currently have on your card. So if you forget, you can easily check before shopping.

• maia says:

Does this replace the Video Values and the Rite Aid in-ad coupons?

• marcia says:

I called Corperate about this when Collin first put this info out, No, we will still have VV and in Ad coupons, I’m assuming that they will slow some, just since it always seems to work that way :-P

• Roger says:

Does Rite Aid even sell Pillsbury Grands biscuits? What’s up with that?

• I hope they add adperks to this or eliminate them completely. Too much time/not enough reward.

Happy New Year everyone!

• amanda says:

ahhhh! I am trying to login and it say to add my card number and then it tells me it is already registered!!! it just keeps giving me the roundabout. what am I doing wrong.

• rebecca says:

Oh Rite Aid, Dear Rite Aid,

Why oh why must you continually change? I applaud the effort of trying new things but it seems like their is a new rule every month or so. I guess I’m getting old and change doesn’t come so easily but when trying to sing your praises to those new to couponing, I can’t help but long for some stability in your practices. I don’t think this is either bad or good, I just feel that once I feel comfortable with one change, you spring another. Sighhh.

(Thanks Collin for explaining what a RA employee today had no clue how to start explaining.)

• Christina says:

I agree with you, walgreens will be doing this too on a phone app. Not sure if that started yet? It seems that these kinds of changes may stop some savers from participating and maybe thats the goal…if you add to much and to many rules and changes they will just cave in and spend the hard cash..lol. It is starting to make me feel that way though, and it becomes harder to advise others of the savings and most say “to confusing or too time consuming”. I still have to look into this one, I have been putting it off because of my time.

• Kristen says:

What about VIdeo Values? How do you put them on the card or do we print them until they finish that?

• Jessie says:

I am new to Video Values coupons. I just registered the video coupon account yesterday. But when I tried to watch one of the videos, a pop-up box was shown and it asked me for username and password. Am I supposed to enter my username and password there, not knowing if it is secure?

When I clicked “cancel”, the message shows like that, “Authorization Required: This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.” Did it happen to anyone of you when trying to watch the videos? I don’t know how I can get past of it. Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks!

• marcia says:

For video values, yes, you need to be logged in, it saves your coupons in your account so you can print them anytime you are ready rather than like, say coupons.com, where you have to print right away or they are gone!

It is ok, set up an account if you haven’t or sign in if you have one and start watching :-) … by they way, 1 videos pause if you click another window r tab(so annoying to me :-P ) and 2. you have to type in a code at the end to earn the coupon, you have 30 seconds…just so you don walk too far away ;) lol

• lynette says:

I had the same problem. I had already logged in, but I could not watch the ones at the top of the page.

If you go to the all offers tab and find one of the offers listed at the top of the screen, it will bring up all of them in the video pop up page. It worked fine after that

• Glenn says:

What happens if you have a manufacturer’s coupon that is greater than the coupon already loaded on your card? Will it take off the larger of the two coupons, or just the one already loaded?

• mel says:

it will take the loaded coupon over the paper coupon (that’s what I was told) But its confusing b/c how does one know whats a RA coupon vs a Manuf q? I just assume the GM load2card q’s are manuf q’s while the RA items are store q’s. Too confusing, just like Target. wish they would make it easier to tell the difference.

• hippynana says:

Just went to the site, logged in, and added the coupons to my card. I love this idea. I also emailed my list and will just keep that in my purse so whenever I go to Rite Aid, I’ll know what I have. Thanks for the info, Collin!

• Heather says:

This seems very similar to Smith’s/Kroger loadable coupons which I love, just be sure to keep track of what you have on you’re card because if you scan your card there is no taking that back. But also, many on the loadable coupons with smith’s have been the same amount as the paper coupons, so you should be OK. Also, I hope that VV coupons will be able to be loadable, because I have had problems printing them lately. that would be awesome!

• Sandra says:

I’m hesitant to load coupons on my card because very often you can find a manuf. coupon that is more than ones offered through the stores. I will only load them on an as needed basis if I know I don’t have something better for a specific trip.

• cathrin says:

Seems most of the coupons are for their generic rite aid brand — and they are mostly pharmaceutical/health related. Don’t hesitate to sign up as though your paper coupons are going to overlap. Just my two cents.

• Sarah06 says:

I read the the comments pretty quickly…..did anyone mention if the video coupons will be able to load on the card as well? In the future?

• Stephanie says:

Hi all here.
    This is Rite Aid’s latest on Load2Card:
    (found on their facebook page)
    “As we continue to enhance our wellness+ program in ways to deliver even more value and convenience that you’ve been asking for, we’ll be testing an exciting new Load2Card feature in three markets: Richmond, Salt Lake City and Seattle beginning today. In this test, we’re making a few changes: 1) +UP Rewards will be automatically loaded to members’ wellness + cards so you no longer have to worry about keeping track of your paper receipts and 2) a +UP can be used starting at 6 a.m. on the day after it was earned and will remain valid for 14 days. Nothing has changed outside these test markets – the +UP’s generated on your register receipt can still be used on same-day next purchases.”
    We’re in the test market area of Seattle (the test areas are not just these three cities but the general area of these three cities … like up to a couple hours outside of the cities people are reporting their Rite Aids are part of the “test”). The test is awful and horrible and I’m begging you to inform yourself about it and speak up even if you’re not in the test areas … they plan to implement it nationwide. At best if it worked right it would be horrible … that it’s super flawed and not working right from the very beginning makes it awful horrible. If you want to really follow people’s real life experiences, know better the issues at hand, and also the general feeling of this new program my best suggestion is to (if you’re on facebook) get onto Rite Aid’s facebook wall. It defaults to only Rite Aid’s posts and you can scroll down to find their announcement (it’s about the 6th entry) for this new program. Hundreds of people have left comments there on that announcement. Then, you can also select to see posts people have left on their (Rite Aid) wall by choosing “Everyone (Most Recent) found under the five hershey kiss photo squares. Lots of people have posted there too. If you don’t facebook then at least (after you inform yourself and read about if you’re in agreement with signing it) sign this petition against this program. It’s at: http://www.change.org/petitions/rite-aid-pharmacy-stop-load2card-feature-for-rite-aids-up-rewards-coupon
    and then call or e-mail (or both) Rite Aid’s customer service to voice your opinion (politely) and ask them to stop it. The program (if/though more like when) they take it nationwide it is programed to be optional, but they’ve turned it “off” for us in the test area and we’re just dying from the problems it’s bringing. There’s been such an outcry that they’re answering people by saying they’re working on making the opt out option available … but it isn’t yet and we’d just like them to turn the program off all together until the bugs can be worked out of it and the opt out option is available. Thank you all for reading my plea and for any participation you can offer. Have a very nice day.