Do you have a stack of unused gift cards in your kitchen, junk drawer, cookie jar or collecting dust on your desk?! If so, consider selling those unused gift cards for cash!
As I mentioned earlier this month, Raise.com is a great place to go to purchase discounted gift cards for popular retail stores, restaurants, and more. In addition to buying gift cards, Raise.com is a great place to go to sell your unwanted gift cards to other shoppers. You can sell physical gift cards, E-gift cards and merchandise credit with a minimum of $20 on the card; the cards may be partially used and do not need to have an even balance.
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
* Gather up all your un-used and unwanted gift cards
* Head over here and create a Raise.com account
* Visit the Sell Gift Cards page.
* Enter the required info (Gift Card Retailer, Serial Number, PIN Number etc.). Keep in mind that all gift card serial numbers and pins are kept private at all times. You’ll also need to note the gift card balance and your selling price (depending on the brand, gift cards sell the fastest when discounted 3% to 30%). You can always choose to adjust the price if your card is not selling.
* For each gift card sale, Raise.com does take a flat 15% commission of the gift card sale price. They also charge an extra $1 per physical gift card sale (e-gift cards do not have any extra fees). You are only charged a fee when your gift card sells; if your gift card does not sell, you will not be charged.
* If you are selling a physical gift card, Raise.com covers all shipping fees and provides prepaid shipping labels for letters and parcels (they just ask that you ship your gift card letters and parcels within 3 business days).
* You can select to be paid by Check Payments or PayPal.
Special Note: Raise.com verifies every seller and approves each sale on their site. You can verify your account through the seller verification tab on the My Account page or when you list your gift card. There is a $1 pre-authorization credit card charge for validating each account. All authorizations will be reimbursed between 24-72 hours
Come back and let us know what card(s) you list and sell!
(To learn more about buying discounted gift cards on Raise.com, click the link below “Read More / Post Your Comments”.)
Raise.com offers up discounted gift cards for restaurants, retail stores and more (perfect to help you save even more at the register since you can combine store coupons, sales and cash back sites with these discounted gift cards)!
Even sweeter, new customers can snag $5 off of a $75 purchase with the promo code HIP2SAVE at checkout (this code is valid through the end of March). Note that there are no fees to buy these gift cards (they don’t charge sales tax, shipping costs or processing fees!). Physical gift cards will be mailed through USPS (and arrive between 3-14 days) and E-gift cards become available in your Raise.com account within 1-2 business days.
On a side note, I love to snag discounted Starbucks Gift Cards from Raise.com to help me save even more on my frequent coffee runs. At this time, there are quite a few Starbucks e-cards available that range in value from $50-$500 and are discounted as much as 18.3% off. If you’re interested, be sure to snatch one up now as quantities are limited.