Groupon: One-Year Sam’s Club Membership, $20 Gift Card AND 3 Fresh-Food Vouchers Only $45 ($85 Value!)

If you’ve been considering a Sam’s Club membership, then check out this Groupon offer! For a limited time, new Sam’s Club members can head on over here to snag a One-Year Sam’s Club Membership, a $20 Sam’s Club Gift Card and 3 Fresh-Food Vouchers all for just $45 (an $85.14 value!!). The fresh-food vouchers are valid for one free Artisan Fresh Rotisserie Chicken (about 3 lbs, a $4.88 value), one free Main St. Bistro Scalloped Potatoes (2.5lbs, a $8.98 value), and one free Artisan Fresh Pippin Apple Pie (10”, a $6.28 value).

Note that you may redeem you membership at your local Sam’s club starting on November 13th. And if you redeem your new membership by November 27th, you will also receive an Instant Savings Book with more than $4,100 in member-only savings offers that are valid through November 27th.

And after you snatch up this great deal on a Sam’s Club Membership, you may be wondering what items to buy and what items not to buy at a Warehouse Club. Well, I have some great tips for ya! Check out the post here and the video above for all the info you need to be a HIP Warehouse shopper. :D

(Thanks, Chelsey!)

• Cassie says:

Can someone tell me how this works? If I buy it, what do I do next?

• holly says:

I’d like to give this as a Christmas gift. Does it start one year from the day its activated or do they all start November 13th regardless?

• mb says:

Expires Feb 10th, 2014. Limit 1 per person. In-club only. Valid for new Sam’s Club members only; not valid for those with a current membership. Not valid for renewals. Must be 18 or older. Not valid until 11/13/13. Membership must be activated within 90 days of purchase; membership expires one year from date the voucher is activated. See additional fine print. Must provide mailing address (mandatory) and email address (optional) upon purchase for marketing purposes; see privacy policy. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. See the rules that apply to all deals.

• Jamie says:

Thanks Collin! I always wonder what to buy and what not to buy from Sam’s. Your Video was quite helpful!

• Barb says:

does costco ever do these deals on groupon or anywhere?

• Tilla Ham says:

no, because they don’t have to. they rarely ever offer any sort of incentive, once in a great while they offer a free tote bag or something

• maflies1 says:

Already a member! Wish they would reward the ones that have been long-time members, too.

• Lauren says:

Our membership expired in June. Can I use this for renewal? Or maybe have my husband get the new membership?

• ashley says:

I did this deal back in March, and I was a previous member, but had let it expire a year or two before, and I still was considered a “new” member. I think (double check the fine print in case it changed) as long as you don’t have a current membership you would qualify.

• jenn says:

like ashley said, it should work. the only real limitations listed are: cannot be a current memeber, and cannot work at walmart or sam’s club.

Additional Fine Print
      Not valid for Walmart or Sam’s Club associates. Gift card not valid toward membership fees. Offer valid for Sam’s Club purchases only. Must redeem membership in one visit. Fresh-food vouchers expire on 2/10/14. Gift card does not expire. Sales tax included where applicable.

• RB says:

I belong to BJs already, but we also have a Sam’s in the area and I’ve never been a member. Decided to pick this up so I can go there too….plus I had a $10 off Groupon purchase over $30, so I was able to get it for $35! What a great deal!

• Kristen says:

How do I know if I am eligible for this deal before I purchase it? I have a membership card but I am not the primary card holder. Could I sign my hubs up for this deal and then add myself as the secondary member?

• Connie says:

Thank you! I don’t normally shop there enough to justify a $45 membership fee (single person household) but this is a great deal! Just bought! I tend to go once or twice a year with mom and use her card. Some of the great deals I found (even better than sales/coupons) were generic Zyrtec (I take every day), Ibuprofin, kitchen trash bags, and we love, love, love their cakes!

• Jackie says:

What are your opinions of Sams compared to other warehouse clubs?? We have a bjs membership and I was wondering if this is worth it to our family. Thanks!!

• syeo2013 says:

Costco is 10x better – if you have both nearby. I would highly recommend Costco!

• Laurie says:

Totally agree, Costco is so much better – organics and all. We had a free sams membership but decided to pay for a Costco one. Plus a lot of gluten free stuff there

• Tilla Ham says:

I also agree Costco at least 10 x better, they are cleaner, nicer items, and more importantly treat their employees much better, which in turn leads their employees to treat customers much better. I too had a free sams club membership but pay for Costco anyway

• Rae says:

Honestly it really depends on where you live. I have lived a couple areas on the west coast and now midwest and the costcos had basics that were the same but other things different. Like prepacked bread items had a large section at 3 of 4 areas Ive been but where we are now its like two racks but their rice selection is very diverse. Thats just one example… The one thing I can find at Sams but not Costco is U.S. seafood/fish products.

• Liz says:

I had costco and BJs last year and i decided to drop my costco membership and continued my BJs..then when the groupon deal came up the last time,i jumped on it.So i have tried all the 3..but i love love love my BJs…Costco is better than Sams..cleaner and more organic produce…but i wont be continuing either of them when they expire..Bjs is true value for money and i love their produce variety and diapers are cheaper too bcuz of manu coupons and store coupons.

• axhilli says:

If someone is new to Groupon I’d appreciate it if you used my referral link..thanks

• Aj says:

I haven’t been to sam’s in years. Do they carry any organic or more natural foods than they used to? We switched to costco because they carry more of that but wondering if Sam’s has changed at all. Thanks!

• Adrienne B. says:

ours has organic field greens and spinach and that’s about it. I found organic raspberries in another state. lol If the greens weren’t such a good deal and I didn’t get a discount on gas, my membership wouldn’t be worth it. The majority of their items are a “rip off” compared to buying at other stores…even without coupons.

• laura says:

My membership expired in July, would I be considered a new member?

• Bridget says:

we love sam’s club…. we buy all of our trash bags there (although I am looking into the prices at GFS)… water… frozen tilapia…. fresh veggies/salad…. some alcohol… great deal on flooring (less than half the cost of home depot for better quality that we looked at with my boyfriends dad)…. spices… French’s onions… just to name a few… some things aren’t great deals but you have that with any store…

• Mel says:

Keep in mind that Sam’s does not accept manufacturers coupons.

• Anne K. says:

I go to Sams Im the main member and best friend is under me so we split the cost and it saves for 2 familys :) That justifies the price for us.

• Crystal says:

Thanks Collin. I love to buy fresh fruit and the rotisserie chicken at warehouse clubs. Our Costco membership expired in July and we haven’t renew yet. This seems like a great deal so I think I will give Sam’s a try. Great video too btw. :)

• Sok says:

If you are a military member, when you renew you get $15 gift card, info on their website. I like to shop at SAMS, wanted membership at Costco but it’s too packed every single day of the week here in Cali, it’s like Black Friday packed!

• Karin says:

I love SAMs club. We have both Costco and SAMs membership and I enjoy all the clearance items they do at SAMs. I’ve gotten some great deals. Not sure if every SAMs does a lot of clearance but mine does.

• Pharmchick says:

I wish this deal was on LS instead.. They often have discount coupons but I never see any for groupon (unless it’s user specific and I never get them).

• deb says:

I love my Costco. You are absolutely spot on about where to save. I miss those strawberries during the spring & summer and the Roast Chicken, OMG is to die for ! <3<3<3. Just used their Warehouse Coupon to save on Lindor Truffles large bag & got to sample Honest Juice (very good). Like you said, know your prices

• Mrs.M says:

I love Bjs! Not only do they allow you to stack a manufacturer coupon with a store coupon, but they also will let you use multiple coupons for a product. For example a five pack of toothpaste you’d be able to use 5 manufacturer coupons as well as a store coupon. As long as the items are shrink wrapped together and have individual bar codes. Something like diapers would not apply. But the stacking is my favorite!

• Michelle says:

I did this deal the last time it was out and I was LESS than pleased. I absolutely received the $20 voucher, but as soon as they handed me the food vouchers they immediately told me that my location did not carry those items so I’d have to drive to another location to redeem them. I also found that the food vouchers expired fairly quickly so I never even had the chance to try to go to another location.

My membership expires next year and I can tell you that I will NOT be renewing it.

• Liz says:

Michelle i faced the same prob..i decided to go on the last day (lazy girl that i am) to go and redeem the coupons and the rotisserie chicken were all sold out…but the employees gave me an indefinate raincheck..and i just picked it up last week.

• Crystal says:

Very helpful information. Thank you!

• Laura says:

I got the Sam’s club deal last time but haven’t found the best prices there compared to coupon shopping. The good deals at Sams that I do buy though are the bulk box of white parboiled rice (it’s like Uncle Bens), the huge can of applesauce (they have the natural, no extra sugar), and the generic Zyrtec.

• Cassie says:

How do veggie and fruit prices compare to places like Aldi? We are in a really big area now and have target, Walmart, Aldi, Harris teeter, wags and cvs so I go to all of them for different deals and am finding veggies and fruits for the best price at Aldi, personal care stuff at cvs and wags, would SAMs be a good place for meat and home items like trash bags, dog food(though we use a specific kind), milk and basic food items that don’t usually have coupons?

• Jan says:

I got the similar deal last year. We have found that Aldi veggies and fruit are the best price. We get cheese, chicken, beef, diapers, large canned items (tomato sauce. Beans), flour, baking soda, and vinegar there. (I do most my cleaning with baking soda and vinegar)

• brandice says:

I’m in Atlanta Ga so we have every store known to man. I like Sam’s esp for gas. I have a higher end SUV and requires premium gas so I save a lot that way. Also bday cakes are way cheaper. Certain prescriptions amd.OTC meds as well. I do like BJs because they accept coupons

• georgiana says:

Our Sams membership expires on November 7th. Will this make us eligible for the groupon offer?

• joyful says:

I’m in the same boat as you Georgiana – somebody give us some insight! Thanks:)

• Brandy says:

Me, too!! Ours expires Nov 11 and the coupon says you can’t use until Nov 13, so technically we will not be active members at that point.

• Christy says:

Earlier this year when they offered this, I got it. Sams Club customer service rep told me a new member is anyone that doesn’t have a current membership. Mine had expired in January and I got the groupon in February & got my membership at Sams Club then with no problem.

• Christy says:

After I wrote that, I realized I got my membership in March (I know it expired in January.) I can’t remember if the one that expired had my husband or me as the primary, but the new one has me as the primary. You could always get it & make your spouse the primary and you the secondary if you are worried about the “new membership” part. Call and ask your local sams club customer service desk about it before you buy it. They are used to seeing these groupons come in.

• ND says:

Don’t forget to save 3% with ebates!

• Amanda L says:

Sam’s club sent me a free membership, paid nothing and I was able to add my husband to it! Got some some great deals on fruits when we were there on apples, 5 pounds for $1.98.

• IrishMom says:

I cant find this deal anywhere on groupon:(

• K says:

I’ve read other blogs that have said that Sam’s considers you to be a new member after being inactive for 60 days. Otherwise it’s considered a renewal. However you can bypass this by putting someone else as the primary member or changing your address.

• mom says:

Is this good for any Sam’s Club? I can’t find it when I log into groupon but only see it when I go through this link for Springfield, MO. Thanks.

• bonnie says:

It would be nice if they rewarded long time members, or would continue to carry the same items. It seems like every time I go in, there’s something specific they quit carrying.

• gaan says:

Idk what I signed up for but after I had my baby they sent me a free yr membership! Wish I knew to share with y’all

• Sheryl says:

Nice! I have been a member of Sams club before. One nice thing about them is that you can look up current prices online before you shop there, which is very nice for budgeting and not overspending at warehouses (which I am guilty of). Thanks for posting this!